- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Omar Sharif, of 'Doctor Zhivago,' 'Lawrence of Arabia,' dies
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
- Bettie's Box Office: Tomorrowland Review
- David Letterman To Sign Off As Late-Night Host
- Review: Mad Max: Fury Road
- Austin Mini Maker Faire
- BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life
- Bettie's Box Office: Hot Pursuit Movie Review
- 'Stand By Me' Singer Ben E. King Dead At Age 76
- The Off-Centered Film Festival
- Annie The Musical
- Bettie's Box Office: While We're Young Review
- Review: Furious 7
- Bettie's Box Office: Woman In Gold Review
- SXSW Film 2015 Audience Award Winners
- The Overnight
- Love & Mercy
- Get Hard at SXSW
- Guest Room
- FX's The Comedians
- Ex-Machina Headlines
- Hello, My Name Is Doris
- SXSW: The Final Girls
- The Last Man on the Moon
- Ned Rifle
- Bettie's Box Office: Love & Mercy Review
- Former Rap Mogul Collapses In Court After Bail Hearing
- Jury Finds Pharrell, Thicke Copied For 'Blurred Lines' Song
- Alamo Drafthouse To Open New Location In East Austin
Brooklyn Man Finds Emmy In The Trash
Updated: Saturday, November 23 2013, 01:41 PM CST
One man’s trash may be another man’s treasure, but the Brooklyn man who found an Emmy trophy in the garbage said that the award belongs with its rightful owner.
“I would want this back in my family if I would have lost it. So, I’m thinking why would someone throw this out?” Ismael Cekic told CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez on Friday.
Cekic said he was walking in front of a home near his own on 28th Avenue in Bensonhurst when he spotted the golden statuette in a box full of trash.
“This thing sticking out looked so cool. I dusted it off and I’ll take this home,” he said.
Cekic had no idea what the item was until he saw the Emmy Awards on CBS.
“Next thing you know I’m watching the Emmys and they show an Emmy award and I’m looking at my coffee table. I’m doing back takes. What the hell? It’s an Emmy award,” he said.
The trophy is believed to be from the 1950s. It was missing the band on its base that says who the award went to.
Cekic said that none of the families living in the home where it was found knew who it belonged to.
“It’s like a mystery right now. It’s an Emmy mystery,” Cekic said.
For now the award goes to … a coffee table in the Cekic house.