- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
- Review: We Are Your Friends
- Taco Joint's Ukulele Policy Trades Tacos For Songs
- Austin Remembers Stevie Ray Vaughan: 25 Years Later
- Cirque Du Soleil BIg Top Returns To Austin
- Bettie's Box Office: No Escape Review
- Josh Duggar In Rehab After Admitting To Pornography Habit
- SE Austin Music Venue Pushing For Later Hours Despite Opposition From Neighbor
- Review: American Ultra
- Police search of home of Gene Simmons, but he's not suspect
- Investigators To Recommend Jenner Face Manslaughter
- Reality star Josh Duggar admits to cheating on his wife
- State Fair of Texas announces food competition finalists
- Cedar Park Named Best City In US For New Restaurants
- Bettie's Box Office: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Review
- Review: Straight Outta Compton
- Nutty Brown Cafe To Move To Round Rock
- NBC Officially Fires Trump From 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- More than 170 Elvis artifacts to be auctioned at Graceland
- One year ago today: Robin Williams dies at 63
- Korean TV spot reveals new 'Star Wars' footage
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Wins Fight To Get More Space At Auditorium Shores
- Bettie's Box Office: Fantastic Four Review
- Don't pick a fight with Spider-Man
- Review: The Gift
- Rapper 50 Cent seeking to lease Connecticut mansion
- Whataburger doubles down in Drake-Meek Mill Twitter beef
- Bettie's Box Office: Shaun the Sheep Movie Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation Review
- City of Austin Gets C- in Music City Report Card
- Bettie's Box Office: Vacation Review
- Review: Southpaw
- Bettie's Box Office: Pixels Review
- Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert divorce after 4 years
- Bettie's Box Office: Trainwreck Review
- Review: Self/less
- Bettie's Box Office: Amy Review
- Bettie's Box Office: Terminator Genisys Review
- Apple changes tune on music royalties after Swift complains
- Review: Inside Out
- Bettie's Box Office: Inside Out Review
- Review: Jurassic World
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93
- Brian Wilson with Rodriguez in Austin
- Unreleased copy of '50 Shades' sequel novel stolen
- Benefit Concert This Weekend For Central Texas Flood Victims
- Review: Entourage
- Review: Spy
- Review: Love & Mercy
- Jon Batiste Named Bandleader Of CBS' New Colbert 'Late Show'
Brooklyn Man Finds Emmy In The Trash
Updated: Saturday, November 23 2013, 01:41 PM CST
One man’s trash may be another man’s treasure, but the Brooklyn man who found an Emmy trophy in the garbage said that the award belongs with its rightful owner.
“I would want this back in my family if I would have lost it. So, I’m thinking why would someone throw this out?” Ismael Cekic told CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez on Friday.
Cekic said he was walking in front of a home near his own on 28th Avenue in Bensonhurst when he spotted the golden statuette in a box full of trash.
“This thing sticking out looked so cool. I dusted it off and I’ll take this home,” he said.
Cekic had no idea what the item was until he saw the Emmy Awards on CBS.
“Next thing you know I’m watching the Emmys and they show an Emmy award and I’m looking at my coffee table. I’m doing back takes. What the hell? It’s an Emmy award,” he said.
The trophy is believed to be from the 1950s. It was missing the band on its base that says who the award went to.
Cekic said that none of the families living in the home where it was found knew who it belonged to.
“It’s like a mystery right now. It’s an Emmy mystery,” Cekic said.
For now the award goes to … a coffee table in the Cekic house.