- ACL Tickets Sold Out Driving People To Scalpers
- 1st Weekend Of ACL Kicks Off
- Fantastic Fest Winners Announced
- Disney's The Little Mermaid Makes Austin Debut
- Man Vs Snake - Fantastic Fest movie review
- How to turn off 'Wi-Fi Assist': the iOS9 update that could cost you thousands of dollars
- Federal judge rules 'Happy Birthday' song in public domain
- The Little Mermaid in Austin
- Buffalo Wild Wings ending ads after actor lied about Sept 11
- Review: Black Mass
- Bettie's Box Office: Black Mass Review
- Song By Tejano Star Selena Released 20 Years After Her Death
- Social media frenzy after 'The View' co-hosts criticize nurse contestant
- Keep up with FABLife!
- Study: SXSW Brought Over $300M To Austin This Year
- Watch the CBS 2015 Fall Preview Show
- Colbert Says He's A Horns Fan
- Schwarzenegger takes over for Trump on 'Apprentice'
- 'Hobbit' actor arrested on assault charges
- Review: The Visit
- Another Music Venue On The Verge Of Closing Down
- Review Of Cirque du Soleil's Kooza In Austin
- Stephen Colbert Says Texas Provides Him With Plenty Of Material
- Stephen Colbert debuts on 'The Late Show'
- Stephen Colbert Debuts New Late Night Show On CBS
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz
- Horror master Wes Craven dies at 76
- Review: We Are Your Friends
- Taco Joint's Ukulele Policy Trades Tacos For Songs
- Austin Remembers Stevie Ray Vaughan: 25 Years Later
- Cirque Du Soleil BIg Top Returns To Austin
- Bettie's Box Office: No Escape Review
- Josh Duggar In Rehab After Admitting To Pornography Habit
- SE Austin Music Venue Pushing For Later Hours Despite Opposition From Neighbor
- Review: American Ultra
- Police search of home of Gene Simmons, but he's not suspect
- Investigators To Recommend Jenner Face Manslaughter
- Reality star Josh Duggar admits to cheating on his wife
- State Fair of Texas announces food competition finalists
- Cedar Park Named Best City In US For New Restaurants
- Bettie's Box Office: The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Review
- Review: Straight Outta Compton
- Nutty Brown Cafe To Move To Round Rock
- NBC Officially Fires Trump From 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- More than 170 Elvis artifacts to be auctioned at Graceland
- One year ago today: Robin Williams dies at 63
- Korean TV spot reveals new 'Star Wars' footage
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Wins Fight To Get More Space At Auditorium Shores
- Bettie's Box Office: Fantastic Four Review
- Don't pick a fight with Spider-Man
Brooklyn Man Finds Emmy In The Trash
Updated: Saturday, November 23 2013, 01:41 PM CST
One man’s trash may be another man’s treasure, but the Brooklyn man who found an Emmy trophy in the garbage said that the award belongs with its rightful owner.
“I would want this back in my family if I would have lost it. So, I’m thinking why would someone throw this out?” Ismael Cekic told CBS 2′s Hazel Sanchez on Friday.
Cekic said he was walking in front of a home near his own on 28th Avenue in Bensonhurst when he spotted the golden statuette in a box full of trash.
“This thing sticking out looked so cool. I dusted it off and I’ll take this home,” he said.
Cekic had no idea what the item was until he saw the Emmy Awards on CBS.
“Next thing you know I’m watching the Emmys and they show an Emmy award and I’m looking at my coffee table. I’m doing back takes. What the hell? It’s an Emmy award,” he said.
The trophy is believed to be from the 1950s. It was missing the band on its base that says who the award went to.
Cekic said that none of the families living in the home where it was found knew who it belonged to.
“It’s like a mystery right now. It’s an Emmy mystery,” Cekic said.
For now the award goes to … a coffee table in the Cekic house.