- APD Busts Illegal Psychedelic Mushroom Growing Operation
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
- Police: Round Rock Mom Leaves Kids Alone In Car For 40 Minutes
- APD Searching For Downtown Austin Aggravated Assault Suspects
- Austin Hosts Summit On Protecting Power Grid From Cyberattacks
- Man Charged For Fatal East Austin Shooting
- Armed Duo Robbing People Leaving Downtown Austin Bars
- Property Crime More Prevalent In Austin Than Other Similarly Sized Cities
- Businesses Hope More APD Officers Will Mean Less Graffiti
APD: Dad Driving Drunk With Kids
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 04:08 PM CDT
His fun-filled night started at the Landing Strip -- a popular gentleman's club located in southeast Austin.
After a couple of drinks police say Dario Guerrero-Cervantes drove off from the strip club drunk.
According to an arrest affidavit, Guerrero-Cervantes almost made it home -- driving six miles before turning into on-coming traffic.
"The probable cause for the stop was driver driving the car without the headlights on," said Austin Senior Police Officer Veneza Bremner.
Cops say he had a strong odor of alcohol and his eyes were bloodshot and glassy. In the backseat the officer made a disturbing discovery.
"The officer found there were two children in the car, ages four and seven," added Bremner.
Police arrested Guerrero-Cervantes. KEYE TV stopped by his home Wednesday to get his side of the story. There were several empty beer cans in the front yard. A family member who answered the door said the kids were safe and with their mother.
"This guy was lucky he was only arrested and that he wasn't involved in a crash that could've killed or injured his children," said Bremner.
Guerrero-Cervantes is charged with driving while intoxicated. That's a state jail felony since there were children riding in the car.
Photo from Austin police