- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
- Hutto PD: Volleyball Coach Sexually Assaulted Teen
- Round Rock Bank Jugging Victim Speaks Out
- Fugitive Wanted For Fatal Crash Arrested After 6 Years
- Leander Police BUSting Drivers Illegally Passing School Buses
- Austin School Bus Driver Fired In Child Sex Assault Case
- AISD: Camera Installed On School Bus After Sexual Assault Arrest
- Austin Police Bust Marijuana Grow House In SW Austin
APD: Dad Driving Drunk With Kids
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 04:08 PM CDT
His fun-filled night started at the Landing Strip -- a popular gentleman's club located in southeast Austin.
After a couple of drinks police say Dario Guerrero-Cervantes drove off from the strip club drunk.
According to an arrest affidavit, Guerrero-Cervantes almost made it home -- driving six miles before turning into on-coming traffic.
"The probable cause for the stop was driver driving the car without the headlights on," said Austin Senior Police Officer Veneza Bremner.
Cops say he had a strong odor of alcohol and his eyes were bloodshot and glassy. In the backseat the officer made a disturbing discovery.
"The officer found there were two children in the car, ages four and seven," added Bremner.
Police arrested Guerrero-Cervantes. KEYE TV stopped by his home Wednesday to get his side of the story. There were several empty beer cans in the front yard. A family member who answered the door said the kids were safe and with their mother.
"This guy was lucky he was only arrested and that he wasn't involved in a crash that could've killed or injured his children," said Bremner.
Guerrero-Cervantes is charged with driving while intoxicated. That's a state jail felony since there were children riding in the car.
Photo from Austin police