- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
- Police: Round Rock Mom Leaves Kids Alone In Car For 40 Minutes
- APD Searching For Downtown Austin Aggravated Assault Suspects
- Austin Hosts Summit On Protecting Power Grid From Cyberattacks
- Man Charged For Fatal East Austin Shooting
- Armed Duo Robbing People Leaving Downtown Austin Bars
- Property Crime More Prevalent In Austin Than Other Similarly Sized Cities
APD: Foreman With CHL Shoots Back At Disgruntled Former Worker
Updated: Wednesday, April 30 2014, 06:08 PM CDT
Sadly it seems we hear about workplace shootings all the time. But this time the shooting victim returned fire.
It happened just before lunch at a construction work site just west of the University of Texas campus. Witnesses tell police a fired construction worker opened fire on his former boss and his boss fired back.
Senior Police Offer Veneza Bremner happened to be nearby. She dismissed the popping sound as construction noise until she heard the sirens that followed. Bremner says, "The foreman is a concealed handgun license holder, had a concealed handgun and was able to fire shots back at the suspect."
Coworkers say the gunman went down, but not without a fight. Workers jumped on him to hold him down even after he pulled a knife on them.
The suspect had been fired from the job site about two weeks ago after exchanging words with his boss and recently indicated he'd be back. A police report was filed because he was threatening that same foreman. A coworker who declined to be identified added, "Well yeah, you gotta watch what you say to some people on these jobs. They're big burly construction workers and they don't like to be talked to like they're little kids."
No one else was injured. Both the boss and the shooter are in the hospital. The unnamed boss is reported by police to have serious injuries and the shooter suffering life-threatening injuries.