- Police: 11-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Intruder, 16, In Missouri
- A Day In The Life Of An Officer In Today's World
- Austin Mom Shields Baby From Alleged Burglar
- Man Allegedly Tries To Bring 31 LBS Of Pot Through ABIA
- Patrol Cars Light Up At Capitol In Honor Of Slain Deputy
- APD: Pizza Thief Identified By Tomato Sauce On Face
- Worker's Death At East Austin Home Ruled Accidental Electrocution
- Former APD Officer Could Face Death Penalty For Girlfriend's Murder
- TCSO: Robbery Suspect Trying To Steal UT Flag Stabbed By Homeowner
- Ex-APD Officer Charged With Capital Murder In Girlfriend's Death, Held Without Bond
- 4 Arrested In Cedar Park Meth Bust
- Ex-APD Officer Sought In Samantha Dean Murder Now In Bastrop County Jail
- Llano Co. Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Toddlers Death
- Court Documents: VonTrey Clark Charged With Capital Murder
- Central TX Law Enforcement On High Alert Following String of Officer Shootings
- Man Busted Allegedly Burglarizing Popular Downtown Bar
- Man arrested after having marijuana delivered to Austin shipping store
- APD Investigating Shot Fired Call In North Austin
- Bond Between Fayette Co. K-9, Handler Secret To Their Success
- Suspect In Killing Of Harris Co. Deputy Previously Arrested In Austin
- Man Busted For 7th DWI In North Travis Co.
- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
APD: Man Strangled Downtown Austin Hotel Housekeeper
Updated: Monday, August 26 2013, 05:46 PM CDT
Police say a man strangled a Downtown Austin hotel housekeeper after she refused to let him in a room.
According to the arrest affidavit, 19-year-old Eric Thomas Robertson is charged with aggravated assault bodily injury with a deadly weapon (hands), a second degree felony.
It happened at around 9:15 a.m. last Wednesday at a hotel located in the 300 block of East 4th Street right next to the Austin Convention Center.
Court documents say the housekeeper was cleaning a room on the seventh story when Robertson approached her and asked her to open the door to another room.
According to the affidavit she said she didn't have the authorization to do so and told him to go to the front desk. She turned away and resumed cleaning the room. When she exited the bathroom Robertson came out of a closet and grabbed her from behind.
Police say she was able to free herself and reach for a phone but was jerked away by Robertson who began strangling her. They struggled and the woman scratched at Robertson's arms and poked at his eyes with her fingers. Robertson briefly let her go after she grabbed him by the testicles, but then he attacked her again throwing her to the floor.
The affidavit says he strangled her until she lost consciousness. She woke up about 30 minutes later and was able to get help from fellow employees.
Surveillance video recorded Robertson fleeing the hotel through a stairwell and he was arrested later that night on separate charges. During an interview with police he admitted to being at the hotel that morning, according to court documents.
The housekeeper suffered multiple injuries -- a fractured orbital bone, a two inch cut over one of her eyes, swelling and abrasions to the side of the face and was unable to open her left eye.
The victim positively identified Robertson in a photo lineup, according to police.
Photo from Austin police.