- Suspect In Killing Of Harris Co. Deputy Previously Arrested In Austin
- Man Busted For 7th DWI In North Travis Co.
- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
APD: SWAT Call Suspect Turned In By Own Family
Updated: Friday, July 26 2013, 03:40 PM CDT
Police say the robbery suspect taken in to custody Tuesday evening after a SWAT standoff in Northwest Austin was turned in by his own family.
According to the arrest affidavit, 40-year-old Neil Adam Klein (pictured) is charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon, a first degree felony.
Klein was taken into custody after a four-hour SWAT standoff at the Spicewood Springs Apartments located at 8617 Spicewood Springs Road, just west of Hwy 183.
Klein had barricaded himself inside an apartment after police tried to serve the robbery warrant. No one else was inside the apartment or in danger, according to police.
Klein was wanted for a robbery at a Planet K located at 11657 Research Blvd. on June 28.
The affidavit says Klein stole cigarettes from the smoke shop. A Planet K employee ran after him but told police he stopped his pursuit after Klein pointed a gun at him.
Court documents say police released surveillance footage of the robbery to the media and about a month later they received a tip from Klein's parents and the mother of his children that they recognized him as the suspect.
Police were able to look at previous booking photos of Klein which matched the suspect in the surveillance video.
Klein remains in custody at the Travis County Jail under a $30,000 bond.