- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
- Hutto PD: Volleyball Coach Sexually Assaulted Teen
- Round Rock Bank Jugging Victim Speaks Out
- Fugitive Wanted For Fatal Crash Arrested After 6 Years
- Leander Police BUSting Drivers Illegally Passing School Buses
- Austin School Bus Driver Fired In Child Sex Assault Case
- AISD: Camera Installed On School Bus After Sexual Assault Arrest
- Austin Police Bust Marijuana Grow House In SW Austin
Austin Police Arrest Trio Suspected In 40 Business Break-Ins
Updated: Wednesday, January 15 2014, 06:06 PM CST
East Austinite Shelley Brothers is relieved to learn the trio believed to be responsible for a string of burglaries was arrested.
"Ah man, I'm thankful that they caught everybody," added Brothers.
Terry Robinson, Anthony Machado and his wife Martha are accused of breaking into 40 businesses. Many of them are on the east side of Austin.
In every case the suspects used a brick to break into front door to the shop. The cost to the business was more expensive then what was actually stolen.
"These people's businesses had $4,000 and $5,000 worth of damage," said Austin police commander Fred Fletcher.
Using tips from the public and police work, detectives set up an undercover sting. They say helicopter cameras caught the threesome in the act.
"This came as a very pleasant surprise to us today," said Kelly Abshire.
Abshire is the owner of Hot Mama's Espresso Bar in east Austin.
KEYE TV talked to Abshire last month when her business was broken into. We thought she'd appreciate an update.
"When you pulled up I thought either they're having lunch or have some good news for us," added Abshire.
All three suspects are charged with two counts of burglary to a business. That's a state jail felony.
(Photos from the Austin Police Department.)