- Ex-APD Officer Sought In Samantha Dean Murder Now In Bastrop County Jail
- Llano Co. Man Sentenced To 50 Years For Toddlers Death
- Court Documents: VonTrey Clark Charged With Capital Murder
- Central TX Law Enforcement On High Alert Following String of Officer Shootings
- Man Busted Allegedly Burglarizing Popular Downtown Bar
- Man arrested after having marijuana delivered to Austin shipping store
- Construction Worker's Body Found Under East Austin Home
- APD Investigating Shot Fired Call In North Austin
- Bond Between Fayette Co. K-9, Handler Secret To Their Success
- Suspect In Killing Of Harris Co. Deputy Previously Arrested In Austin
- Man Busted For 7th DWI In North Travis Co.
- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
Austin Teen Victim Of 'Smack Cam' Fad
Updated: Wednesday, April 23 2014, 05:42 PM CDT
An Austin teenaged Wendy's employee is pressing charges after being a victim of the so called "smackcam" game. The game is filmed while someone goes up to another person and slaps them.
Calaybra Jones, 16, says it happened to her at work Tuesday.
But she says this is no game.
Calaybra spent a sleepless night surfing the web for video of the attack.
"I feel embarrassed. I am sad. I am angry," Calaybra explained.
Finally she and her mother found it titled "OMG!! SMACK CAM A WENDY'S EMPLOYEE!"
"It was the first video," she said.
The teen says she was a victim, slapped by a total stranger while working on Hwy 183 and Cameron Road.
"I started crying, had to go to the restroom and sit in the back. I had to get a few words out," Calaybra said.
Her mother is thankful more injuries didn't come of this.
"Luckily my daughter is non-confrontational, but had it been someone else they may have had a weapon. This could be a totally different headline," said Carlisha Jones.
Now the headline is justice. Calaybra is pressing charges hoping to keep this from happening to others.
"Assault by contact is a class C misdemeanor. It's punishable to a fine of up to $500," said Austin Senior Police Officer Veneza Bremner.
But first they need your help identifying the three people involved.
We reached out to Kade Fresco whose YouTube channel the video is posted on. He claims someone downloaded it from another site and uploaded it to his.
"Glad you're ok. Love you," Carlisha said to her daughter.
Still in shock, Calaybra says the more people who see the video the faster they can catch her attacker.
"I just want them to know that it's not ok and it really did hurt emotionally," Calaybra said.
To watch a clean version of the video click here.
If you can identify anyone in the video contact the Austin Police Department at 512-974-5750 or 311. You can remain anonymous.