- Construction Worker's Body Found Under East Austin Home
- APD Investigating Shot Fired Call In North Austin
- Bond Between Fayette Co. K-9, Handler Secret To Their Success
- Suspect In Killing Of Harris Co. Deputy Previously Arrested In Austin
- Man Busted For 7th DWI In North Travis Co.
- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
Bike Stolen From Special Needs Austin Child
Updated: Monday, July 14 2014, 06:43 PM CDT
Charlie loves playing with Legos and riding his special big blue trike. "It always didn't fall over because of three wheels," he said.
Sarah Morningstar built the bike specifically for her son Charlie.
"He doesn't have a sense of balance like most kids because of the way he focuses and he learns he can't. He needs that three-wheel balance for it," Morningstar said.
Within hours of moving into their new apartment someone stole the special needs bike.
"We found this broken down bike so we decided to fix it and then once it was fixed and we got down here it went missing on the first day," Charlie said.
Sarah hopes someone spots the thief on the very recognizable bike.
"To just the first day that you're here to have something that's so important to your kid just be gone is a little heart wrenching," Morningstar said.
The bike is very unique with extra-large back wheels and an oversized basket.
"If it is still in one piece and being ridden around you can't miss it. It's not like you're going to look at it and be like I wonder, it's pretty clear that it's that bike," Morningstar said.
"Can you please give it back? You may have not known that I had it so please give it back. I hope anyone who sees this can try and find it," Charlie said.
For now Charlie and Sarah are trying not to let the thief taint the view of their new home and hope maybe the blue trike will find its way home.
If you have seen the bike you can contact APD at 512-472-8477.
(Photo from Sarah Morningstar.)