- New Braunfels Man Arrested For Indecency With A Child
- Search On For SW Travis Co. Robbery Suspect
- New Travis County Court Decriminalizing Prostitution
- Charges Dropped Against Suspect Who Tried To Stab APD Officer In Head
- Austin Adoption Agency Helps Police Find Woman Who Allegedly Faked Pregnancy
- Adopting Parents Duped By Fake Pregnancy
- Police need your help finding a violent sex offender
- Cedar Park Police Officer Could Be Demoted Over Use Of Force
- APD: Man Assaulted Woman During East Austin Cellphone Robbery
- Austin Furniture Store Employee Accused Of Selling Items Stolen From Store
- Armed Robbery Victims Hope New Information Will Help Catch Suspects
- Man Stabbed At Downtown Austin Homeless Shelter
- Former Bastrop Deputy Accused Of Murder May Request Change Of Venue
- APD: Woman Attacked Brother After He Ate Her BBQ Ribs
- San Marcos Police Investigating Fatal Stabbing
- Committee Still Discussing Police Body Camera Policy
- Bastrop Deputies Investigating Man's Death
- APD Investigating Shots Fired In North Austin
- APD: Missing Man May Be In Danger
- Round Rock Man Gets 10 Years For Attempting To Support Terrorism
- Suspect In South By Southwest Crash Pleads Not Guilty
- City Worker Shot In Face Speaks Out
- APD: Woman Asks Cop For Cigarette From Pack Full Of Marijuana
- Jury Deliberating Fate Of Former Bastrop Co. Deputy Accused Of Murder
- Bike Thieves Hitting 2nd-Floor Apartment Balconies
- Warrant: Slain Abilene Officer Met Suspects After He Posted Web Ad
- Austin City Worker Shot In Face During Robbery
- Former Police Chief: Bastrop Co. Deputy's Use Of Force Reasonable
- Not All DPS Weapons Accounted For
- Round Rock Dad Arrested For Sleeping Pill DWI With Son In Car
- Police Investigating East Austin Homicide
- Austin Attorney Accused of Trying to Hire Hit Man
- Credit Union Robbed In Georgetown
- Lampasas PD Investigating Possible Attempted Child Kidnapping
- APD Shifting 'Don't Block The Box' Focus
- Attorneys Begin Defense For Former Bastrop Co. Deputy On Trial For Murder
- Texas Sheriffs Call For Better Suicide Screening Tools When Booking Inmates
- Organizers Prepare For Police Lives Matter March In Austin
- Md. Man Charged With Killing His Mother With Rolling Pin
- San Antonio Mom Finds Drugs Stuffed In Teddy Bear
- 9-1-1 Call Played At Former Bastrop Co. Deputy's Murder Trial
- Man Charged With Murder For Hutto Officer's Death
- Anti-Cop Graffiti Found At SE Austin Gas Station
- Austin Police catch trio through Facebook pic of stolen shoes posted with #YOLO hashtag
- South Texas Man Pleads To Hate Crime Torture Of Gay Man
- Murder Trial Begins For Former Bastrop Co. Deputy
- APD: Woman Assaulted Deputy At North Austin Club
- Deputies Searching For Man That Injured Child At WilCo Park
- Witness Snaps Photos Of Burglary Suspects, Leading To Arrests
- TABC Sting to Catch Stores Selling Alcohol to Minors
Burglars Breaking In Through Your Balcony
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 04:08 PM CDT
Josh McCord rarely ventures out on to his second floor balcony. But his curious cat Jojo does.
The fluffy feline makes so many trips outside McCord doesn't bother locking the balcony door.
"I actually left it open for a month not completely open but unlocked," said McCord.
It's that false sense of security crooks are counting on.
"They actually snuck in through the top floor and got in through there," said Edward Linn.
Linn learned his lesson the hard way. He was at his father's funeral when cops say Misty Gannon (pictured) broke into his home through a second floor balcony.
"Some of the items they took were a 55 inch TV off the wall," added Linn.
Walking right out the front door with your pricy prized possessions in hand.
"Now we got an alarm system," said Linn.
As for McCord, he's more aware but admits he's not too concerned.
"That's why I have an apartment that's not on the ground level because I don't think I'm in danger of someone climbing up my balcony," claimed McCord.
Photo from Austin police