- Police Trying To Return USB Drive Seized From Juvenile Burglary Suspects
- Suspect From Round Rock Car Chase Identified
- 2 Men Captured After WilCo Car Chase
- Austin Car Burglaries Spike To Highest Number In Years
- UT Spending $1.7M To Study Sexual Assault On Campus
- APD: Accused Shoplifter Hit Thrift Store Employee With Car During Escape
- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
- Hutto PD: Volleyball Coach Sexually Assaulted Teen
Crooks Posting 'Selfies' With Stolen Cell Phones
Updated: Wednesday, January 8 2014, 02:19 PM CST
Picture after picture is being posted online, snapped with a stolen cell phone.
An Austin man is warning others on the website reddit after someone swiped his smart phone and began using it to hack into his Twitter account and post selfies on the internet.
"You can find out a whole lot about a person by their cell phone," said Connor O'Quinn.
O'Quinn is a cell phone tech with Discount Electronics in Austin.
He believes crimes like these can be avoided. It starts with setting up a solid password.
"Ultimately you want random numbers and letters or take a line from a song. Take the first letter from each word and that'll give you a random password," added O'Quinn.
But what if you skip this simple step and your cell phone is stolen? Shameless selfies may help you locate the culprit.
When you snap a picture with you cell phone and post it online the picture contains geotracking information like where the pic was taken.
Experts recommend turning all of your detective work over to the real-life cops and let them handle it.
But before it ever gets that far, take some advice from Christine Santos.
"I keep my phone locked all the time," said Santos.