- Businesses Hope More APD Officers Will Mean Less Graffiti
- Suspect From Round Rock Car Chase Identified
- Police Trying To Return USB Drive Seized From Juvenile Burglary Suspects
- 2 Men Captured After WilCo Car Chase
- Austin Car Burglaries Spike To Highest Number In Years
- UT Spending $1.7M To Study Sexual Assault On Campus
- APD: Accused Shoplifter Hit Thrift Store Employee With Car During Escape
- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
KEYE TV Viewer Tip Leads To Arrest Of Local Fugitive
Updated: Tuesday, June 17 2014, 06:57 PM CDT
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrested a fugitive Tuesday afternoon in North Austin and a KEYE TV crew was at the scene when they took him into custody.
It was just over two weeks ago when we first told you about the search for Roderick Waddell.
We got exclusive video of authorities arresting the 33-year-old Waddell.
Agents found the career criminal hiding out in a North Austin apartment.
"I'm still kind of shook up on what's going," says an emotional Ashley Ross. Waddell had been staying with her but she had no idea he was on the run.
She describes him as a close friend. "I didn't know what was going on. And then why would it lead the law being at my door?" asked Ross.
Waddell is described as a career criminal. He's spent the last decade in and out of the criminal justice system.
His list of convictions includes assault causing bodily injury, burglary of a vehicle and several counts of possession of a controlled substance.
A warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to follow guidelines of his supervised release.
He has been on the run since early March.
"A little after noon, this afternoon, we brought some officers in and surrounded the apartment and knocked on the door and surrounded the apartment and we arrested him at that time," said Deputy U.S. Marshal Cord Campbell.
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force says he was tracked down thanks to KEYE TV viewer tips.
"They saw him on a KEYE news program, Marshals Most wanted, that aired a couple of weeks ago," says Campbell.
(Photo from the U.S. Marshals Service.)