- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
- Police: Round Rock Mom Leaves Kids Alone In Car For 40 Minutes
- APD Searching For Downtown Austin Aggravated Assault Suspects
KEYE TV Viewer Tip Leads To Arrest Of Local Fugitive
Updated: Tuesday, June 17 2014, 06:57 PM CDT
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force arrested a fugitive Tuesday afternoon in North Austin and a KEYE TV crew was at the scene when they took him into custody.
It was just over two weeks ago when we first told you about the search for Roderick Waddell.
We got exclusive video of authorities arresting the 33-year-old Waddell.
Agents found the career criminal hiding out in a North Austin apartment.
"I'm still kind of shook up on what's going," says an emotional Ashley Ross. Waddell had been staying with her but she had no idea he was on the run.
She describes him as a close friend. "I didn't know what was going on. And then why would it lead the law being at my door?" asked Ross.
Waddell is described as a career criminal. He's spent the last decade in and out of the criminal justice system.
His list of convictions includes assault causing bodily injury, burglary of a vehicle and several counts of possession of a controlled substance.
A warrant was issued for his arrest after he failed to follow guidelines of his supervised release.
He has been on the run since early March.
"A little after noon, this afternoon, we brought some officers in and surrounded the apartment and knocked on the door and surrounded the apartment and we arrested him at that time," said Deputy U.S. Marshal Cord Campbell.
The Lone Star Fugitive Task Force says he was tracked down thanks to KEYE TV viewer tips.
"They saw him on a KEYE news program, Marshals Most wanted, that aired a couple of weeks ago," says Campbell.
(Photo from the U.S. Marshals Service.)