- Austin Car Burglaries Spike To Highest Number In Years
- UT Spending $1.7M To Study Sexual Assault On Campus
- APD: Accused Shoplifter Hit Thrift Store Employee With Car During Escape
- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
- Hutto PD: Volleyball Coach Sexually Assaulted Teen
- Round Rock Bank Jugging Victim Speaks Out
- Fugitive Wanted For Fatal Crash Arrested After 6 Years
- Leander Police BUSting Drivers Illegally Passing School Buses
Man Charged In Rape Of 13-Year-Old Austin Girl
Updated: Friday, July 26 2013, 03:40 PM CDT
An Austin man is accused of raping a 13-year-old girl in June.
Donald Ray Lewis is charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child.
According to an arrest affidavit, the 13-year-old ran away from the Settlement Home on Payton Gin Road in North Austin. The Settlement Home is a placing agency for foster children.
On June 30, she met a woman who brought her to a nearby apartment. She told investigators she smoked crack with the woman and Lewis. Then she went to a bedroom where Lewis had sex with her, according to the affidavit.
The girl said she stayed at the apartment for several days and had sex with several other men, the affidavit said.
After she reported the crime, the girl showed detectives the apartment where it happened. Lewis lived there and she picked him out of a photo lineup, according to the affidavit.
The same victim was involved in another sexual assault case.
She told police it happened on June 29 at a different location. Three men brought her to an apartment where she was sexually assaulted by seven to 10 men while they recorded it with their cellphones, another arrest affidavit said.
The girl said she was driven to an unknown location and told by one of the men to "find somewhere to go." She asked to use a cellphone and called her foster brother to pick her up, but he refused, according to court documents.
Police say they were able to track the men down from the phone call the girl made to her foster brother. She had borrowed one of her attacker's phones and her foster brother's caller ID recorded his number.
Two of the men, Juan Lozano Ortega, 24, and Edgar Gerargo Guzman Perez, 26, are under arrest and charged with sexual assault.
(Photo from Austin Police)