- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
- Police: Round Rock Mom Leaves Kids Alone In Car For 40 Minutes
- APD Searching For Downtown Austin Aggravated Assault Suspects
Organized Crime Ring Targeting Austin Day Cares
Updated: Thursday, August 14 2014, 06:15 PM CDT
In less than a minute two women had their purses snatched from the parking lot of The Children's Center of Austin, located off Bee Cave Road.
"This parent got what we called the prime parking spot and she went in and before she could gain access it had already happened. That's a problem," said Regional Director Tanya Saenz.
A couple of miles away a woman was inside Country Home Learning Center located off Escarpment Boulevard when someone stole her purse from inside her car.
"You can tell by a person's action just what they have in their hands when they get out of the vehicle and whether or not they left something valuable inside in sight," said Allan Bachman with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
According to an arrest affidavit, Austin police believe an organized crime group nicknamed Felony Lane is to blame, and after stealing the pursues the victim's checks are forged and cashed at local banks.
"If you're working a parking lot you can go from car to car to car pretty quickly," added Bachman.
Which is why both day care centers have sent letters home with parents warming them of the burglaries.
Saenz said the owner of The Children's Center of Austin is installing security cameras at all three locations next week.
"Whoever is doing this is taking the time to research I guess," added Saenz.