- Police Trying To Return USB Drive Seized From Juvenile Burglary Suspects
- Suspect From Round Rock Car Chase Identified
- 2 Men Captured After WilCo Car Chase
- Austin Car Burglaries Spike To Highest Number In Years
- UT Spending $1.7M To Study Sexual Assault On Campus
- APD: Accused Shoplifter Hit Thrift Store Employee With Car During Escape
- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
- Hutto PD: Volleyball Coach Sexually Assaulted Teen
Parents Reminded To 'Take 25' To Prevent Child Abduction
Updated: Wednesday, May 21 2014, 06:45 PM CDT
Laura Saenz loves to bring her son Milo to the park. But she makes sure to keep a close eye on him at all times.
"I think it's frightening to think that you can really look away for a minute and someone could snatch him or lure him off with ice cream or puppies or whatever," says Saenz.
Which is why she's worked really hard to teach him what to do if he comes in contact with a stranger.
Saenz says she tells her son to scream bloody murder, "You know, mommy, mommy, mommy! Just anything to make it more difficult."
That's exactly why local law enforcement is promoting Take 25. It's a campaign to teach your child what to do during a child abduction.
U.S. Marshal Robert Almonte says, "Falling on the ground, resisting, don't walk away with this stranger that you don't know, fall on the ground, yell, scream as loud as you can. Those are the kind of things we're talking about."
The campaign talks about taking 25 minutes to talk to your child and even role play in an effort to prevent them from becoming a victim.
"Unfortunately, there has been an increase in the number of attempted child abductions and even abductions and that's why we're doing this today, it's all about prevention," says Almonte.