- Businesses Hope More APD Officers Will Mean Less Graffiti
- Suspect From Round Rock Car Chase Identified
- Police Trying To Return USB Drive Seized From Juvenile Burglary Suspects
- 2 Men Captured After WilCo Car Chase
- Austin Car Burglaries Spike To Highest Number In Years
- UT Spending $1.7M To Study Sexual Assault On Campus
- APD: Accused Shoplifter Hit Thrift Store Employee With Car During Escape
- Homeowner Holds NE Austin Burglary Suspect at Gun Point
- U.S. Marshals Searching For Man Wanted For Evading Arrest In Cedar Park
- Emails From Former APD Officer Shed Light On Firing
- Fugitive Wanted For South Austin Assault Arrested In Ohio
- 2 Round Rock Home Invasion Suspects Arrested In Hutto
- Fired APD Officer Connected To Samantha Dean Murder Now In Indonesia
- APD Fires Officer Linked To Dean Murder Case
- APD Investigating West Campus Murder
- Squatters Vandalize Elderly Couple's South Austin Home
- APD: Teen Killed In West Campus, Suspect In Custody
- APD: Father Arrested For DWI With Child In Car
- Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Leander Teen
- Police: Man Exposed Himself To Child At San Marcos Whataburger
- Neighbor Spots Accused Kidnapper Cutting Through His Yard
- Supreme Court Rules Police Can't Extend Traffic Stops
- UPDATED: Search warrant reveals APD officer wanted Samantha Dean to abort baby
- Online Date Turns Into Trap For Austin Man
- Trial Date Set In Case Of Former APD Detective Charged With Manslaughter
- New $29 Million Georgetown Emergency Operations Center
- Neighbors Help Austin Police Catch Accused Burglar
- UPDATE: Leander Shooting Suspect In Custody
- Police Identify Suspect, Victim Of Downtown Omni Hotel Shooting
- Uninvited Guest Surprises East Austin Homeowner
- Buda Police Use Self-activating Body Cams
- FBI Issues July 4th Warning
- APD: Man Raped Woman at SafePlace
- Escaped Inmate Continues To Elude Police
- Suspect In South Austin HEB Throat Slashing Now In Custody
- 3rd Person Linked To Dean Murder Investigation
- New Details In Slain Kyle Police Employee's Murder
- Documents: 2 Suspects Identified In Samantha Dean Murder
- EMS Responds To Dozens of Synthetic Marijuana Calls
- WilCo Judge Pleads Guilty To Firearms Violation, Lying To Federal Agent
- 1 Killed In NE Travis Co. Shooting
- Police Still Searching For Clues In Woman's Death
- Shoppers Shocked By Brutal Attack At South Austin HEB Parking Lot
- Twin Peaks Shooting May Have Started After Parking Lot Argument
- San Marcos Police Ask For Makeover For Military Vehicle
- UPDATE: Woman Hides In Garage As Suspected Burglars Break Into Her Home
- 170 Charged After Biker Gang Shootout In Waco
- New Intersections For Don't Block The Box Enforcement
- Local Bikers Blame Gang Label On A Few Members
- Hutto Volleyball Coach Arrest Shocks Former Player's Mother
Round Rock Police Searching For Attempted Sexual Assault Suspect
Updated: Friday, July 11 2014, 06:13 PM CDT
An attempted rapist is on the run and Round Rock Police need your help fighting back.
Investigators say around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday a victim walking home from a jog at Caldwell Heights Elementary School was grabbed from behind.
The suspect pushed her to the ground and attempted to assault her in the 1300 block of Terra Street.
Luckily a neighbor was home at the time.
"The victim was screaming for help. The neighbor opened her door to investigate. As she opened her door, the suspect jumped up and was last seen running through the neighborhood," said Commander Alain Babin.
Resident Amanda Ruelas says it is usual for people to be active at night in the Eagles Nest neighborhood.
"We do go walking with my family all seven of us every single night around 8 o'clock," said Ruelas.
But what's unusual is feeling uneasy.
"It's a very safe neighborhood," she said.
Now three days after the incident police have exhausted their resources and need the public's help.
The suspect is described as a white male, 19 to 20 years old, 5'9" tall, approximately 130-150 lbs., thin mustache, suntanned complexion, brown hair and brown eyes and a thin athletic build. He was last seen wearing a Navy blue pullover hooded sweatshirt with raised yellow or gold lettering on the front, blue jeans and white sneakers, investigators say.
Until the man is caught police have this advice.
"Don't walk in dark places, trying to stay in well-lit places. Try to stay in places where there are other people there," said Babin.
In the meantime RRPD plans on patrolling the area ensuring everyone is safe.
"This is the first time I've felt fearful of being in my home with that happening and now hearing this," said Ruelas.
Anyone having information on this incident is asked to contact Williamson County Crime Stoppers at 800-253-7867, Detective Villegas at the Round Rock Police Department at 512-671-2709 or you can text a tip by texting RRPD plus your tip information.
(Suspect sketch from the Round Rock Police Department.)