- Suspect In Killing Of Harris Co. Deputy Previously Arrested In Austin
- Man Busted For 7th DWI In North Travis Co.
- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
Round Rock Police Searching For Attempted Sexual Assault Suspect
Updated: Friday, July 11 2014, 06:13 PM CDT
An attempted rapist is on the run and Round Rock Police need your help fighting back.
Investigators say around 9:45 p.m. Tuesday a victim walking home from a jog at Caldwell Heights Elementary School was grabbed from behind.
The suspect pushed her to the ground and attempted to assault her in the 1300 block of Terra Street.
Luckily a neighbor was home at the time.
"The victim was screaming for help. The neighbor opened her door to investigate. As she opened her door, the suspect jumped up and was last seen running through the neighborhood," said Commander Alain Babin.
Resident Amanda Ruelas says it is usual for people to be active at night in the Eagles Nest neighborhood.
"We do go walking with my family all seven of us every single night around 8 o'clock," said Ruelas.
But what's unusual is feeling uneasy.
"It's a very safe neighborhood," she said.
Now three days after the incident police have exhausted their resources and need the public's help.
The suspect is described as a white male, 19 to 20 years old, 5'9" tall, approximately 130-150 lbs., thin mustache, suntanned complexion, brown hair and brown eyes and a thin athletic build. He was last seen wearing a Navy blue pullover hooded sweatshirt with raised yellow or gold lettering on the front, blue jeans and white sneakers, investigators say.
Until the man is caught police have this advice.
"Don't walk in dark places, trying to stay in well-lit places. Try to stay in places where there are other people there," said Babin.
In the meantime RRPD plans on patrolling the area ensuring everyone is safe.
"This is the first time I've felt fearful of being in my home with that happening and now hearing this," said Ruelas.
Anyone having information on this incident is asked to contact Williamson County Crime Stoppers at 800-253-7867, Detective Villegas at the Round Rock Police Department at 512-671-2709 or you can text a tip by texting RRPD plus your tip information.
(Suspect sketch from the Round Rock Police Department.)