- City Of Austin IT Worker Charged With Stealing Equipment
- Houston DJ Arrested In NW Austin For Alleged Home Invasion
- APD: Downtown Austin DWI Suspect Had BAC 4 Times Legal Limit
- Reward offered for arrest of sex offender who escaped Houston facility
- Parents React To Baby Carjacking In Austin
- Investigators find huge psychedelic mushroom grow operation in a house
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Food Trucks Band Together To Catch Thief
- Dashcam Video Released Of Man Shooting At New Braunfels Police Officers
- Woman Found Dead From Gunshot Wound At Pflugerville Home Identified
- APD Searching For Cigarette Burglary Suspect
- Adding Officers, Building Relationships Could Help Austin Property Crime Problem
- Police On The Hunt For Truck Wheel Thieves
- APD Looking For Owner Of Stolen East Austin Bicycle
- Austin Dad Accused Of Driving Son To School While Drunk
- Nicaraguan Man Set To Be Executed In Texas Gets Reprieve
- Police Identify Robbery Suspects Targeting Women In Downtown Austin
- New Braunfels Man Arrested On Child Porn Charges
- APD Investigates Rash Of Cat Mutilation Cases In South Austin
- Graffiti Vandals Targeting Lakeway Business
- 70lbs Of Marijuana Seized After Fayette Co. Traffic Stop
- Tickets Adding Up At Austin's Don't Block The Box Intersections
- UT student assaulted outside residence hall early Sunday morning
- Capitol Arson Suspect Brought Back To Texas
- 9 Months Pregnant Mother Helps Police Catch Burglar
- An Old Driver's License Can Be Dangerous To Leave Around
- Ex-Con Missing After Harassing Women, Violating Parole
- ICE Arrests 61 Undocumented Immigrants With Criminal Convictions
- Austin Woman Confronts, Tackles Unknown Man In Her Home
- Arson Suspected In East Austin Boarding House Fire
- Wells Fargo Bank Robbed In SW Austin
- Texas Man Again Convicted In 1976 Bus Attendant Slaying
- College Women, Including In Austin, Targeted In Prostitution Ring
- Robbery Suspect Shot By TCSO Deputy Identified
- Woman Hits Teen With Car, Drives Away Thinking It Was Prank
- TCSO: Screaming Woman Busted With PCP At Apartment Complex Pool
- VonTrey Clark Could Be Back In Texas Soon
- Robbery Suspect Shot By Deputy In North Travis Co.
- Meagan Work's Defense Team Focus On Her Medical Condition
- Competitive knife thrower arrested for bringing knife into Austin courthouse
- APD: Pest Control Worker Tried To Expose Himself To Teen Girl During Service Call
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Former AISD Teacher Accepts 25 Year Plea Deal For Sexual Assault
- Victim Speaks On Downtown Robberies
- Search Warrant Issued For VonTrey Clark's Locker
- Police: Stranger Follows Woman And Assaults Her At Home
- Police now looking for three suspects in downtown Austin robberies
- Austin Company Has Your Back When Busting A Car Window To Save Children, Pets
- Police: Round Rock Mom Leaves Kids Alone In Car For 40 Minutes
- APD Searching For Downtown Austin Aggravated Assault Suspects
South Austin Stranger Spotted Again, Getting Bolder
Updated: Friday, August 15 2014, 06:31 PM CDT
It starts with a loud knock at the door. But it's unclear what the man doing the knocking is really up to.
"I'm trying to talk to this guy through the door and it seems like he's trying to show me something," recalled Terry Morris.
South Austin's suspicious character came face-to-face with a gun-totting Texan.
"I realized this was the same guy who had been through the whole neighborhood," said Morris.
So Morris decided to take action and told the man to stop.
"One your on private property, two I'm calling 911 and three I am armed. He saw gun on my hip and precipitated his exit," added Morris.
Morris got on the phone with dispatch.
"The operator actually asked me is he a bald guy with a beard, tattoos? I just yes, how'd you know? He said because we just got another report prior to yours where he was attempting to get into another home,"
Over the past month, the unidentified man has showed up on over a dozen doorsteps across South Austin, with the latest sighting on Texas Sun Drive.
The bizarre encounters have sparked countless postings on social media. And with police and neighbors on the lookout, Morris believes people will soon know the identity and motive of the South Austin stranger.
"Woe is the day the guy comes back to our neighborhood again because our whole neighborhood is on watch now. It's not a neighborhood he wants to come to," said Morris.
By: Alex Boyer