Call 512-832-7575 Wednesday to ask questions about varicose veins. Experts from Bunker Vein and Imaging Center are here between 5-5:30 p.m. to answer your questions.
• Anyone is susceptible to venous disease, both men and women, especially as we age. Austin is home to a large Hispanic community and they may be prone to varicose veins due to cultural differences, such as diet or lifestyle.
• Regular exercise, a healthy weight, avoidance of prolonged standing, and comfortable clothing are all easy ways to prevent varicose veins.
• Varicose veins are twisted, enlarged veins near the surface of the skin and are most common in legs and ankles. This may cause mild symptoms such as aches and pain in your legs, swelling, or itchiness over the veins.
• These veins can look visibly dark blue, and can be associated with dry, inflamed skin.
• Absolutely. Obesity can be the cause of many health issues in the body and that includes varicose veins.
• Being overweight can add pressure onto your veins, which increases your chances of developing venous disease.
Bunker Vein and Imaging Center
2712 Bee Caves Road, Suite 122
Austin, TX 78746
Tel: (512) 726-0599
Round Rock Location
301 Hesters Crossing
Round Rock, TX 78681