Life's Better Outside
Life's Better Outside: Wildlife Viewing
Discover the wildlife of Texas! Bring your camera, binoculars, or simply your interest in the outdoors along to special events in state parks near you, or travel along a Great Texas Wildlife Trail, for an experience in nature you and your family will never forget.
Want to find out more about wildlife viewing? Here are some tips from the experts. For those in need of a bit more inspiration, this article from Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine may help you find the best of Texas, naturally!
Did you know there are people whose job is to help wildlife and urban life co-exist? Thats right! Watch the featured video to learn more about the Texas Parks and Wildlife urban biologists in the big city.
What to bring
- Wildlife Trail Map
- Sunscreen, Insect Repellant
Fun ideas for kids
- Find animal tracks
- Outdoor kid journal
- Texas Outdoor Family Workshops
- Go Fish! Learn to Fish events
- Neighborhood Fishin' lakes
- See what experts have to say about the benefits of nature play
- Remember, pack out what you bring in: Leave No Trace!