F1 in Austin
- UT's 2013 Football Schedule Shows OSU Game During F1 Weekend Race
- Austin Airport Busy With F1 Attendee Departures
- Austin F1 Race Over, but Debate on Tax Subsidies Continues
- F1 Weekend is a Tax Windfall -- For Some
- Central Texas Hotels Already Gearing Up For 2013 Formula One Race
- Retailers Outside Austin See Spike In Sales For F1
- 117,000 Fans Attend Austin's Inaugural Formula 1 US Grand Prix
- Brit Lewis Hamilton Wins Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix In Austin
- Things Run Smoothly At F1 Track
- 82,000 Attend Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix Qualifying In Austin
- Business Down For Some Downtown Austin Stores Due To Fan Fest
- Fans Mellow So Far At Austin Fan Fest
- F1 Fan Fest Draws Big Crowds To Downtown Austin
- Austinites Check Out 1st Day Of F1
- Download F1 Road Closures Map
- Turning Laps In The Sky For Austin F1
- KEYE TV News Tests the F1 Shuttles For You
- 24 Hours Emergency Operations Center Open For F1 Weekend
- F1 Austin Fan Fest Begins Today
- Officials Make Final Austin F1 Traffic Plans
- Fan Fest Chaos Poses Challenges For Downtown Austin Businesses
- Austin Fan Fest Street Closures Continue
- Law Enforcement Offers Austin F1 Risk Assessment
- Formula 1 Track Shows Off Race Day Emergency Plan
- Cap Metro Makes F1 Backup Plans As Union Threatens Strike
- South Austin Neighborhoods Not Happy With F1 Helipads
- Austin Council Eyes F1 Helipad Code Changes After Neighborhood Outcry
- Austin Council Annexes F1 Race Track Land
- Bike Route Planned From Downtown Austin To Formula 1 Track
- Austin Formula 1 Racetrack Opens Saturday For Running Event
- Capital Metro To Provide Free Bus Service Around Downtown For F1 Weekend
- F1 Marks First Lap, Leaders to Discuss Preparedness
- Helipads Approved In South Austin For F1
- F1 Announces More Bands For Race Weekend
- Police, Nonprofits Bracing For Human Trafficking Increase
- How To Avoid Buying Counterfeit Tickets
- Austin F1 Transportation Plan Announced
- Austin Race Track Gets Green Light As Deadline Nears
- Pflugerville Wants To Study Impact Of F1
- Nelly Joins Aerosmith As Top Acts At F1 Grand Prix Concerts
- Condo Owners Wanting To Make Some Quick Cash Could Be Fined Thousands
- Festivals Planned During Austin's F1 Race Weekend
- Tens Of Thousands To Flock To Downtown Austin For F1 Grand Prix Events
- F1 Bringing Aerosmith To Austin During Race Weekend
- Texas Gov. Perry Promotes Austin F1 Race During Italy Trip
- Workers Needed For F1 Race
Bike Route Planned From Downtown Austin To Formula 1 Track
Updated: Monday, November 5 2012, 08:10 PM CST
The City of Austin and Circuit of The Americas have created a bike route to get spectators from downtown to the Formula 1 race track in Southeast Travis County.
On Nov. 16-18, organizers expect 300,000 extra people to be here.
"There's an enormous amount of people that we need to move out there for the F1 race and we needed to provide an alternative ride to get out there," Ally Putnam from Circuit of the Americas (COTA) said.
The route begins downtown and takes you out to Richard Moya Park. There will be signs along the way with printable maps of the route online.
"The route takes a little less than an hour to ride out 11 miles. It should be the best way of getting in and out of downtown Austin,” Putnam said.
Since the release of this bike route, the majority of rental shops in town have already sold out.
John Dawson co-owns Rocket Electrics. He is just one of the rental shops in town that have been sold out for weeks. He’s been open for less than a year and with this many people coming into town, he and his competitors can expect to be booked for that weekend.
"There are a lot of different ways to get out there. And we want to make sure we get everybody out there as quickly and as safely as we can," Dawson said.
The City of Austin will also have links on their website to set you up with a guided tour. Those that aren’t comfortable with biking there themselves can go along with a group that will leave from 1 Texas Center downtown.
For KEYE TV's race coverage, go to keyetv.com/news/features/f1/.
Austin Fan Fest
View Austin Fan Fest in a larger map
Austin Grand Prix Parking
View Formula 1 Austin Grand Prix: Parking in a larger map