F1 in Austin
- UT's 2013 Football Schedule Shows OSU Game During F1 Weekend Race
- Austin Airport Busy With F1 Attendee Departures
- Austin F1 Race Over, but Debate on Tax Subsidies Continues
- F1 Weekend is a Tax Windfall -- For Some
- Central Texas Hotels Already Gearing Up For 2013 Formula One Race
- Retailers Outside Austin See Spike In Sales For F1
- 117,000 Fans Attend Austin's Inaugural Formula 1 US Grand Prix
- Brit Lewis Hamilton Wins Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix In Austin
- Things Run Smoothly At F1 Track
- 82,000 Attend Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix Qualifying In Austin
- Business Down For Some Downtown Austin Stores Due To Fan Fest
- Fans Mellow So Far At Austin Fan Fest
- F1 Fan Fest Draws Big Crowds To Downtown Austin
- Austinites Check Out 1st Day Of F1
- Download F1 Road Closures Map
- Turning Laps In The Sky For Austin F1
- KEYE TV News Tests the F1 Shuttles For You
- 24 Hours Emergency Operations Center Open For F1 Weekend
- F1 Austin Fan Fest Begins Today
- Officials Make Final Austin F1 Traffic Plans
- Fan Fest Chaos Poses Challenges For Downtown Austin Businesses
- Austin Fan Fest Street Closures Continue
- Law Enforcement Offers Austin F1 Risk Assessment
- Formula 1 Track Shows Off Race Day Emergency Plan
- Cap Metro Makes F1 Backup Plans As Union Threatens Strike
- South Austin Neighborhoods Not Happy With F1 Helipads
- Austin Council Eyes F1 Helipad Code Changes After Neighborhood Outcry
- Austin Council Annexes F1 Race Track Land
- Bike Route Planned From Downtown Austin To Formula 1 Track
- Austin Formula 1 Racetrack Opens Saturday For Running Event
- Capital Metro To Provide Free Bus Service Around Downtown For F1 Weekend
- F1 Marks First Lap, Leaders to Discuss Preparedness
- Helipads Approved In South Austin For F1
- F1 Announces More Bands For Race Weekend
- Police, Nonprofits Bracing For Human Trafficking Increase
- How To Avoid Buying Counterfeit Tickets
- Austin F1 Transportation Plan Announced
- Austin Race Track Gets Green Light As Deadline Nears
- Pflugerville Wants To Study Impact Of F1
- Nelly Joins Aerosmith As Top Acts At F1 Grand Prix Concerts
- Condo Owners Wanting To Make Some Quick Cash Could Be Fined Thousands
- Festivals Planned During Austin's F1 Race Weekend
- Tens Of Thousands To Flock To Downtown Austin For F1 Grand Prix Events
- F1 Bringing Aerosmith To Austin During Race Weekend
- Texas Gov. Perry Promotes Austin F1 Race During Italy Trip
- Workers Needed For F1 Race
Business Down For Some Downtown Austin Stores Due To Fan Fest
Updated: Saturday, November 17 2012, 08:23 PM CST
Some businesses in Downtown Austin are reaping the rewards of Austin Fan Fest during this F1 week. But it depends on just where the business is.
On one side of Congress Avenue, people are swarm and stores are busy. But on the other side, all you see are tents lining the streets. For the most part they are blocking the restaurants and stores behind there.
Visibility for these businesses is low and because of it sales are taking a dip. Many of them tell us the sidewalk has been empty for most part of the day.
Patagonia is hidden by the Circuit of the Americas tent. But only some 15 feet away, store employees say their selling out of merchandise.
The general manager of Patagonia says unfortunately his store drew the short end of the straw and this is not a typically day for them in November.
"Business has been slow for us. Obviously a lot of people on the street but the side walk has been blocked a little bit by all the tents in front of us I think our visibility has been dropped quite a bit," Adam Metzger, Patagonia general manager, said.
Some of the workers in Patagonia were making light of the situation saying, "we know we don't smell bad."
Workers at a restaurant on the other side of the street say they've had hour and a half waits and sales are doubled.
Austin Fan Fest
View Austin Fan Fest in a larger map
Austin Grand Prix Parking
View Formula 1 Austin Grand Prix: Parking in a larger map