F1 in Austin
- UT's 2013 Football Schedule Shows OSU Game During F1 Weekend Race
- Austin Airport Busy With F1 Attendee Departures
- Austin F1 Race Over, but Debate on Tax Subsidies Continues
- F1 Weekend is a Tax Windfall -- For Some
- Central Texas Hotels Already Gearing Up For 2013 Formula One Race
- Retailers Outside Austin See Spike In Sales For F1
- 117,000 Fans Attend Austin's Inaugural Formula 1 US Grand Prix
- Brit Lewis Hamilton Wins Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix In Austin
- Things Run Smoothly At F1 Track
- 82,000 Attend Formula 1 U.S. Grand Prix Qualifying In Austin
- Business Down For Some Downtown Austin Stores Due To Fan Fest
- Fans Mellow So Far At Austin Fan Fest
- F1 Fan Fest Draws Big Crowds To Downtown Austin
- Austinites Check Out 1st Day Of F1
- Download F1 Road Closures Map
- Turning Laps In The Sky For Austin F1
- KEYE TV News Tests the F1 Shuttles For You
- 24 Hours Emergency Operations Center Open For F1 Weekend
- F1 Austin Fan Fest Begins Today
- Officials Make Final Austin F1 Traffic Plans
- Fan Fest Chaos Poses Challenges For Downtown Austin Businesses
- Austin Fan Fest Street Closures Continue
- Law Enforcement Offers Austin F1 Risk Assessment
- Formula 1 Track Shows Off Race Day Emergency Plan
- Cap Metro Makes F1 Backup Plans As Union Threatens Strike
- South Austin Neighborhoods Not Happy With F1 Helipads
- Austin Council Eyes F1 Helipad Code Changes After Neighborhood Outcry
- Austin Council Annexes F1 Race Track Land
- Bike Route Planned From Downtown Austin To Formula 1 Track
- Austin Formula 1 Racetrack Opens Saturday For Running Event
- Capital Metro To Provide Free Bus Service Around Downtown For F1 Weekend
- F1 Marks First Lap, Leaders to Discuss Preparedness
- Helipads Approved In South Austin For F1
- F1 Announces More Bands For Race Weekend
- Police, Nonprofits Bracing For Human Trafficking Increase
- How To Avoid Buying Counterfeit Tickets
- Austin F1 Transportation Plan Announced
- Austin Race Track Gets Green Light As Deadline Nears
- Pflugerville Wants To Study Impact Of F1
- Nelly Joins Aerosmith As Top Acts At F1 Grand Prix Concerts
- Condo Owners Wanting To Make Some Quick Cash Could Be Fined Thousands
- Festivals Planned During Austin's F1 Race Weekend
- Tens Of Thousands To Flock To Downtown Austin For F1 Grand Prix Events
- F1 Bringing Aerosmith To Austin During Race Weekend
- Texas Gov. Perry Promotes Austin F1 Race During Italy Trip
- Workers Needed For F1 Race
Tens Of Thousands To Flock To Downtown Austin For F1 Grand Prix Events
Updated: Friday, October 12 2012, 01:41 PM CDT
The Formula 1 Grand Prix in November will bring a huge number of other activities to Downtown Austin including a three day outdoor festival.
The race is Nov. 16-18.
The Circuit of the Americas says Austin Fan Fest will feature interactive exhibits and games, including displays by Grand Prix racing teams. It will include live music on several stages.
The festival will be located in an area bordered by 5th Street, Congress Avenue, 2nd Street and Lavaca Street. It is free to the public. The festival will close more than a dozen downtown streets and parking lots. Those can be found at austinfanfest.com.
The Aerosmith will headline a concert at the Frank Erwin Center on Fri. Nov. 16. Eighties rockers Cheap Trick will open the show. Tickets go on sale Monday at www.Texasboxoffice.com and range in price from $65 to $199 for the general public.
Also the Austin Convention Center will become a nightclub named the “COTA Club.” Hip-hop artist Flo Rida performs on Fri. Nov. 16. Enrique Iglesias performs on Sat. Nov. 17. Those tickets go on sale Sept. 28 at www.ticketmaster.com and range in price from $55 to $69.
Similar to South By Southwest, downtown venues will host what COTA calls “glamorous downtown after parties that will give fans the chance to “party like rock stars” while enjoying a variety of live music and entertainment.”
ACL Live at The Moody Theater will have parties each day of the event. It will feature live performances from Juanes, Lupe Fiasco and The Wallflowers on Nov. 18.
The Circuit of The Americas “Official After Party” will take place at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum following the Grand Prix on Sun. Nov. 18. Ghostland Observatory and Fitz & The Tantrums headline with support from The Wailers, DJ Jillian Ann and Tje Austin.
Tickets for both events will go on sale Sept. 28 at www.acl-live.com and www.ticketmaster.com.
âAustin has a great advantage over other Grand Prix host cities because it has a compact downtown business and entertainment districtâthe perfect setting for a festive street party,â noted TAG Presents President Paul Thornton, whose organization is assisting Circuit of The Americas with the production of Austin Fan Fest Powered. âWeâre expecting hundreds of thousands of race fans to visit Austin this November, and we want to make sure they spend time downtown, enjoying all of the great restaurants, night clubs, theatres, retail shops and hotels our hometown has to offer, along with the exceptional local and national entertainment lined up for the concerts and after parties.â
Austin Fan Fest
View Austin Fan Fest in a larger map
Austin Grand Prix Parking
View Formula 1 Austin Grand Prix: Parking in a larger map