- Blue Bell Ice Cream is back in Austin stores
- SWAT standoff in South Austin ends after 10 hours
- Campus Shooting Leaves One Person Dead
- Prep School Rape Trial
- One Person Is Dead After A Plane Crash In Alabama
- Congressman Honors Flood First Responders
- TxDOT Displays Drunk Driving Dangers in 'Not-So-Fun House'
- Man Steals Car With Baby Inside
- Deadline For Those Affected By Memorial Day Floods
- High School Students Criticize New Dress Code
- Crews Rescue Person From Trench
- Man Found Dead Inside Vehicle At Kyle H-E-B Identified
- NATO Service Members Killed
- King Of Beer Files Suit Against Queen Of Beer
- UPDATE: SWAT Situation Near Cook Elementary comes to peaceful end
- Fraternity Suspended Over Move-In Day Banners
- Blue Bell announces Homemade Vanilla as first returning flavor
- First Day Back To School For Lots Of Kids
- Leander ISD Opens New Elementary School
- Family Funeral For Caldwell County Crash Victims
- Former High School Football Player Heading Back To Court
- TABC Targeting Stores And Bars
- Moov-In Day At The University of Texas
- Bombing In Egypt Injures At Least One Police Officer
- ICE Operation Nets Undocumented Criminals
- Vontrey Clark’s Girlfriend Releases Statement
- Lawmakers Trying To Invoke An Intern Dress Code
- Deadly Crash Kills 1 Man, Closes I-35 For Hours
- Thai Police Offer Reward For Suspects In Deadly Bombing
- You Can Now Review Government Agencies On Yelp
- Black Box Recovered From Trigana Air Wreckage
- Famous Batman Impersonator Killed In Car Crash
- NFL Player Declares War On Participation Trophies
- Committee Moves Forward Rental Regulations
- B-Cycle Launches Low Income Membership Program
- District Attorney Out Of Jail Early
- Bad Weather Hinders Search For Indonesian Airline Wreckage
- Trump Takes On Immigration
- Work Hearing Resumes Monday
- Former WilCo Judge Sentenced To 18 Months In Prison
- Flood Victims Search Enters New Phase
- U.S. Flag Is Raised Over The American Embassy In Havana For First Time In 54 Years
- Omni Hotel And Capital Factory Now Facing A Lawsuit
- Airline Weighs Passengers Before They Board
- Dallas Cowboys Take On The San Diego Chargers
- Series Of Explosions Rock China
- West Austin elementary school catches fire
- UT And Japan Team Up To Cut Down On Energy
- Texas Judge Orders A Man To Get Married Or Go To Jail
- AISD Hosts Pre-K Registration Day
OR School District To Start Passing Out Condoms To Middle Schoolers
Updated: Friday, May 30 2014, 04:37 AM CDT
Teachers are handing out condoms to students as young as sixth grade.
An Oregon school district says this is its way of combating teen pregnancy.
According to the district, nine girls got pregnant this year.
About 5-percent of them in grades six through 12.
Parents are split on the idea of handing condoms to kids.
"I'm a parent of four girls. The conversations have started and they will continue - unfortunately not all of our kids have that support at home," said Molly McCargar.
"I just disagree with it. I don't think elementary kids should be around it. I just disagree with it," stated Kim Hults.
A report conducted by Oregon Health and Science University a year ago showed 7-percent of high school girls had gotten pregnant.
District officials say whether parents will be notified when a student gets a condom is under consideration because of students' privacy rights.
We want to know if you think sixth grade is too young for this type of sex education.
Go to our Facebook page to join the conversation.