- Hundreds Of New Laws Take Effect In Texas
- Racing Commission Suspends Operations Amid Funding Squabble
- Latest Texas School Finance Case Reaches State Supreme Court
- Kentucky clerk still won't issue same-sex marriage licenses
- Perry Campaign Will Have 1 Paid Staffer In Iowa
- 2011 Budget Cuts Still Hamper Schools, Data Shows
- Abbott Wants New Abortion Limits Following Undercover Video
- August is buy month for federal regulators
- Sex slavery in ISIS
- Trump, Cruz To Hold Joint Event To Blast Iran Deal
- Texas Attorney General Paxton Pleads Not Guilty To Fraud
- Perry On Campaign Struggles: I'm Not Giving Up
- How low will gas prices go?
- Perry, Santorum Presidential Hopes Undercut By Own Donors
- Are GOP candidates trying to out-Trump Trump?
- Former intern for Texas legislature charged with manufacture or possession with intent ot deliver controlled substances
- Austin Sues Texas Over Property Tax Appraisal System
- Battle Over School Funding In Texas Set To Continue
- Abbott: Indicted AG Paxton Innocent Until Proven Guilty
- WATCH LIVE: Donald Trump rally in Alabama
- LIVE STREAM: Join us for a Town Hall discussion on campus carry
- Comparing Bill and Hillary Clinton's scandals
- Taking New Steps To Put An End To 'Revenge Porn'
- Police: Man who beat homeless Mexican said 'Trump was right'
- City Council Votes In Favor Of Conditional Use Permit For East Austin Farm
- Cheating website subscribers included White House, Congress workers
- ISIS territory: one year later
- Luckless At Capitol, Minimum Wage Advocates Go Local
- Ethics fray puts Texas AG Paxton's office against big donor
- Deez Nuts For President? Independent Candidate Has Strong Showing In Polls
- Asked If She Wiped Email Server, Clinton Says, 'What, Like With A Cloth?'
- New Travis Co. Courthouse To Appear On Nov. Ballot
- Texas AG Paxton Re-indicted
- 305 more Hillary Clinton e-mails deemed 'questionable'
- George Zimmerman Confederate flag painting the prize in 'Muslim-free' gun store contest
- Interim Committee To Take A Closer Look At Jail Safety
- Top Texas Official Won't Apologize For Muslim-Bombing Post
- Reluctant Kentucky clerk gets time for gay marriage appeal
- Austin Panel Set To Consider Water Fluoridation Proposal
- Connect To Congress: Rep. Roger Williams
- Trump still tops polls as first policy plan is released
- Parents To Be Guaranteed Right To Bury Stillborn Babies
- Iran's Ayatollah releases anti-American, anti-Israel book
- HELP WANTED: Inspectors General needed
- Texas police officers' 'All Lives Matter' Facebook post goes viral
- Group of Iraq war veterans oppose Iran nuclear deal
- Defying order, county clerk won't give gay couple marriage license
- State Attorney Set To Appeal Decision That Favored Perry
- Jimmy Carter Says He Has Cancer, Revealed By Recent Surgery
- Hillary Clinton's home e-mail server is leaving home
Cruz Heckled During Washington, D.C. Speech
Updated: Friday, October 11 2013, 03:17 PM CDT
Hecklers interrupted Texas Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas several times during his speech at a conservative summit in Washington, D.C.
The Values Voter summit was sponsored by the Family Research Council.
The protesters were from a group called the "Fair Immigration Reform Movement."
Cruz seemed unfazed by the interruption, mockingly saying "it seems that president Obama's paid political operatives are out in force today." The comment garnered applause.
Cruz is one of the key players in the government shutdown showdown in Washington.
Here are excerpts from his speech:
"I am invigorated by your passion for this great country. Now as inspired as I am, I will do my very best to speak for less than 21 hours but you will know I'm near wrapping up when I begin to read "The Cat in the Hat."
"We've seen an explosion of federal government power, none more important or significant or dangerous than Obamacare. We look at the state of our economy in the last four years; our economy has grown on average 0.9 percent a year. There's only one other period since World War II of four consecutive years of less than 1 percent average growth, that was 1979 to 1982, coming out of the Jimmy Carter administration. It was the same failed economic policies, out of control taxing, spending, regulations, that produced the exact same results."
"I'm suggest a model for how we turn this country around in next couple of years, and it is the model we have been following together for the last couple of months to stop that train wreck, that disaster, that nightmare that is Obamacare."
"Joe Biden... You know the nice thing, you don't need a punch line! You just say his name... people laugh."