- Mike Martinez Concession Speech
- Protests Continue Over NYPD, Ferguson Grand Jury Decisions
- Few Fireworks In First Texas Governor's Debate
- VIDEO: Final Texas Gubernatorial Debate- September 30
- Dallas Patient Tests Positive For Ebola, First U.S. Diagnosis
- San Marcos Smoke Shop Employee Shot During Robbery
- Police, FBI Search For Missing 2-Year-Old In SE Austin
- UPDATED: Cedar Park Police Searching For Child Missing Since July
- Gov. Perry Booked On Abuse Of Power Charges
- Attorney: Texas Gov. Perry's Booking Will Be Public
- Lawyers For Greg Kelley File Motion For Retrial
- Perry Sending National Guard To Texas Border
- RAW VIDEO: Flooding At Memorial Park in Round Rock
- Appeals Court: Texas Can Use Race In Admissions
- Obama Chides GOP In Austin Speech For Opposing His Agenda
- UPDATE: San Marcos Police Identify Driver In Fiery Crash That Left 2 Dead
- Cruz, Abbott: Obama To Blame For Flood Of Minors
- Texas Women Political Organizer Killed In Car Crash
- Sen. Wendy Davis Campaigns at Juan in a Million
- APD Releases Dash Cam Video Of East Austin Dog Shooting
- Austin Teen Victim Of 'Smack Cam' Fad
- President Obama Speech During The LBJ Civil Rights Summit
- Indictment Petition For Former APD Officer Delivered To Travis Co. DA
- Obama: Nation Draws Strength From Fort Hood
- Army: Fort Hood Suspect Had Requested Leave
- Travis County Wants Its Property Tax Money
- Davis Slams Abbott Over Income Disparities In Austin
- SXSW Crash: Man Who Shot Video Of The Crash
- SXSW Crash: Witness To Aftermath Of The Crash
- SXSW Crash: 10:30am, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo
- SXSW Crash: 3am, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo
- SXSW Crash: Interviews Minutes After Crash
- Snowden Appears Via Video Conference At SXSW Panel
- Chaotic Moon Taser Moon
- Gov. Rick Perry Speech At CPAC
- Caught On Video: Man Questions Round Rock Police Search
- IRS Commissioner Stops In Austin
- US Sen. Cornyn Wins Republican Nomination In Texas
- Texas Democrats Nominate Wendy Davis For Governor
- Texas Same Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Jury Hears Testimony To Put Brandon Daniel To Death
- Daniel Trial: Prosecution Closing Arguments
- Daniel Trial: Defense Closing Arguments
- Daniel: 'Can I Get Lethal Injection?'; Revealed In Murder Trial
- Capital Murder Trial Begins For Man Accused Of Killing APD Officer
- Daniel Trial: Wal-Mart Manager Testifies
- Downtown Austin Beating Caught On Camera
- Video Released Of Teen Injured In Bastrop Co. Tasing Incident
- Los Angeles, Colby Fire
- UT Football Enters Charlie Strong Era
- New Years 2014 Around The World
- Texas Touts Law Protecting Christmas In Schools
- JFK 50th Anniversary: Dan Rather Interview
- In Traffic Stop Chaos, NM Officer Fires At Van
- WWII Vet Returns Home To Crowd Of Supporters
- Oldest WWII Veteran Meets President Obama
- Austin Flood Survivor Tells Story
- Biden Visits Austin Domestic Violence Hotline
- HHS Sec. Kathleen Sebelius Visits Austin
- Water Rescues Have Crews Rushing To Help
- Chase From White House To Capitol Ends In Gunfire
- Phillips and Company President Rich Phillips on leadership
- Austin Cop Fired Over May Shooting
- Sen. Ted Cruz: Entertaining References
- Sen. Ted Cruz: Star Wars Analogy
- Colorado Flooding Rescues
- Obama: No Ground Troops, Air Campaign In Syria
- Grand Jury Clears APD Officer In Deadly Shooting
- Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst Call
- 2 Rescued After Falling From Cliff
- Historic Billboard Campaign Asks Austin To Explore God
- Police Greeted With Anger, Frustration At Town Hall Meeting
- Lehmberg Breaks Silence To Address Salary Concerns
- Six Flags Investigating Roller Coaster Accident
- Chef Drew Curren's Tomato Tart
- Greg Abbott Goes On Texas Main Street Tour
- Austin Actress Talks About Life "Under The Dome"
- Perry Won't Run For Governor
- Protesters Confront Troopers At Texas Capitol
- Sen. Wendy Davis Ready To Stand Again
- June 27: Austin Immigration Arrests
- Wilhelmina Delco Interview
- Hit And Run 911 Call
- Power Of Moore Tornado Dwarfs Hiroshima Bomb
- Oklahoma Tornado's Path Of Destruction
- Oklahoma Tornado Path
- North Texas - Aerial Of Tornado Damage
- North Texas - Actual Tornado
- Robert Horry 1 on 1
- Deciding To Have A Double Mastectomy
- President Obama Applied Materials Speech
- President Obama Manor HS Speech
- Former President Bush Cries During Dedication
- Bush Center Dedication
- Tour of George W. Bush Center
- Video of Rosemary Lehmberg Being Booked In Jail
- 9am Friday DPS News Conference From West
- Boston Bombing Suspect Video
- Gov. Rick Perry West Explosion News Conference
- Aerials Of West Explosion Scene
- Extended Interviews With West Citizens, Witnesses
- Raw Video Of West, Texas Explosion Scene
- Eye On The Drought
- Boston Marathon: New Video Of 1st Explosion
- Boston Marathon: Slow Motion Of 2nd Explosion
- Boston Marathon: Slow Motion Of 1st Explosion
- Boston Marathon: Actual Explosion
- Boston Marathon: Aftermath Of Explosions
- Dash Cam Video Shows Firefighter Struck During Icy Bridge Pile Up
- Parents Of Courtney Griffin Statements To Gabrielle Nestande
- Speech of Pope Francis I
- Father Of West Austin Hit And Run Victim Speaks Out
- Gabrielle Nestande Punishment Phase Closing Arguments
- Rouse High School: Cool School
- Gabrielle Nestande Takes The Stand In Hit And Run Manslaughter Trial
- Raw Video Of Russian Meteor
- Former WilCo DA's Fate Now In The Hands Of Judge
- Texas Woman Finds Lost Dog After Missing Seven Years
- Texas Gov. Perry Proposes Returning Excess Taxes
- Beyonce Sings National Anthem At Inaugural
- President Obama Inaugural Address
- Interview with Matthew Eastin On Violence And Video Games
- Gov. Perry Urges Texas Lawmakers To Cut Taxes
- Interview With UT Professor Lino Graglia
- Entire DKR Memorial
- Caught On Camera: Woman Drives On Sidewalk Around School Bus
- Former Congressional Leader Dick Armey Talks About Republican Soul Searching
- US Senate Ted Cruz Victory Speech
- With Election Neck And Neck Former Congressional Leader Gives Insight
- Actor Brian Dietzen Interview; NCIS
- Former Congressional Leader Offers Perspective On Presidential Politics
- For/Against Prop 1 Tax Increase
- Jason Chaffetz Interview On Libya Attack
- Interview With Former UT Safety Lance Gunn
- Pflugerville ISD To Offer Benefits To Same-Sex Couples
- Conservatives Seize On Obama Daily Caller Video
- Paul Sadler in Uphill Race
- Man Grazed By Bullet At North Austin Gas Station
- Austin Man Hangs Empty Chair From Tree Symbolizing President Obama
- Shuttle Endeavour Over Austin 1
- Shuttle Endeavour Over Austin 2
- Ted Cruz Worried Opportunity Passing Americans By
- UT President Says Evacuation Order Was Timely
- UT Bomb Threat: UT JJ Pickle Facility
- Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo On Police Salaries
- Nate Boyer Extended Interview
- Aerial Video Of 2011 Bastrop County Fire
- Mitt Romney RNC Speech
- Clint Eastwood RNC Speech
- Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott Reaction To Voter ID Decision
- Jacks Journey
- Akin Making First Mo. Appearance Since Rape Remark
- AISD Superintendent Meria Carstarphen
- Pilot Who Crashed Ultra Light Plane At Lago Vista Airport
- Congressman Michael McCaul Interview
- Portland Man Tracks Down Bicycle Thief
- Mitt Romney Interview
- Mack Brown Talks About First Scrimmage
- Teen Band Night
- Cpl. David Castillo Interview
- Austin F1 Track Tour
- Serenity Nunez Family Interview
- Pregnancy Loophole Interview
- Austin Sikh Community Hold Vigil For Wisconsin Victims
- Extended Longhorn Practice Highlights
- Suspect In Tiny Smart Car Leads DPS Troopers On Chase
- Ted Cruz Acceptance Speech
- David Dewhurst Concession Speech
- Singer/Songwriter Supports Chick-fil-A
- Colorado Shooting Suspect James Holmes Hearing
- Gopher Lives Under Rocket Launch Pad
- Princeton Drive Burglary Surveillance Video
- ATF Video Controversy
- Tour Of Renovated Texas Governor's Mansion
- Tour Of Texas Governor's Mansion in 2008
- President Obama July 17 Austin Speech
- Detained for Open Carry, Portland, Maine
- Texas AG Abbott: Court Health Care Ruling Not A Total Loss
- UT Law Professor Gives Perspective On Affordable Health Care Ruling
- Zimmerman Reenactment
- Bus Monitor Bullied
- Police Chief Art Acevedo On Police Stress
- Caught On Camera: Cap Metro Bus Hits Pedestrian On UT Campus
North Texas - Actual Tornado
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 04:15 PM CDT
Texas tornado winds believed to be up to 200 mph
GRANBURY, Texas (AP) -- Forecasters say the tornado that claimed six lives and destroyed dozens of homes in North Texas is believed to have had winds up to 200 mph.
The National Weather Service said the preliminary storm estimate for Wednesday night's tornado in Granbury was an EF-4, based on the Fujita tornado damage scale. That means the storm carried wind speeds of 166 mph to 200 mph.
The weather service believes 10 tornadoes raked North Texas in a violent system, including the one in Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth. Other tornadoes damaged nearby Cleburne and Millsap.
Forecaster Jesse Moore says weather service teams traveled to the affected cities Thursday to survey the damage and speak with emergency management officials.
He says more than one tornado might have touched down in various areas.
Official: Texas tornado left `total devastation'
GRANBURY, Texas (AP) -- A leader of a North Texas county where six people died in a tornado has described a storm-damaged neighborhood as "total devastation."
Hood County Commissioner Steve Berry has surveyed the damage in Granbury, about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
Berry, who was a firefighter for more than 20 years, says the Ranch Brazos neighborhood has about 100 mobile homes and wood structures. He says a lot of the mobile homes were "wadded up" and rolled during Wednesday night's twister.
Berry says all of the homes have significant damage and as many as half were destroyed. He says a lot of homes were built by volunteers with Habitat for Humanity.
Berry says houses can be rebuilt over time but the loss of a life is devastating to families.
Most people accounted for after Granbury twister
GRANBURY, Texas (AP) -- A leader of a North Texas city devastated by a tornado that left six people dead thinks most missing residents have been located.
Granbury Mayor Pro Tem Nin Hulett says the highest priority is to get people into shelters.
Hulett appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" just hours after Wednesday night's twister hit the community about 40 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
The Red Cross has opened shelters at two churches in Granbury, where emergency responders initially reported 14 people were unaccounted for.
A specialty search-and-rescue team known as Texas Task Force 2 deployed Thursday from Dallas to assist in Granbury.
Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says 30 members have been dispatched. The emergency responders also use dogs in their search efforts.
Cleburne mayor declares disaster after tornado
CLEBURNE, Texas (AP) -- The mayor of a North Texas community battered by a tornado has declared a local disaster as schools canceled classes amid the destruction.
Cleburne (KLEE'-burn) Mayor Scott Cain early Thursday announced the disaster designation due to widespread damage and loss of property. He says emergency responders will do a house-to-house search for potential victims.
Cain says no residents died or were seriously hurt in Wednesday night's tornado in Cleburne, a city of 30,000 located about 25 miles south of Fort Worth. He says seven people suffered minor injuries. Thousands of people in the area lost electricity.
Cleburne is 25 miles southeast of Granbury, where a tornado left at least six people dead.
The Cleburne Independent School District called off classes Thursday. Several schools have tornado damage.
Thousands lose power after deadly Texas tornadoes
DALLAS (AP) -- Utility officials say about 20,000 homes and businesses have lost electricity after tornadoes swept through North Texas and left at least six people dead.
Dallas-based Oncor had nearly 18,000 customers without power.
United Cooperative Services reports more than 2,000 homes and businesses without electricity in a cluster of communities, including Granbury. Emergency officials say a tornado Wednesday night in Granbury claimed six lives and left several dozen people hurt.
Most of the Oncor outages are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and farther south, including Cleburne -- where a tornado also hit. Several people suffered minor injuries.