- Gov. Perry Booked On Abuse Of Power Charges
- Perry Sending National Guard To Texas Border
- Cruz, Abbott: Obama To Blame For Flood Of Minors
- Sen. Wendy Davis Campaigns at Juan in a Million
- Davis Slams Abbott Over Income Disparities In Austin
- UPDATE: Asst. City Manager Placed On Administrative Leave Pending Investigation Into Conference On How To Work With Female Staff
- Hacked On The Highway
- Tech Firm Recruits People On Autism Spectrum
- Abbott Makes Border Security, Ethics Bills 'Emergency Items'
- Austin Marathon Hyvon Ngetich Crawling to Finish
- Questions Raised Over Use Of Force In East Austin SWAT Standoff
- Lt. Gov. Patrick, Gov. Abbott Inauguration Speeches
- Sex Trafficking Victim Shares Her Heartbreaking Story
- Mike Martinez Concession Speech
- Protests Continue Over NYPD, Ferguson Grand Jury Decisions
- Few Fireworks In First Texas Governor's Debate
- VIDEO: Final Texas Gubernatorial Debate- September 30
- Dallas Patient Tests Positive For Ebola, First U.S. Diagnosis
- San Marcos Smoke Shop Employee Shot During Robbery
- Police, FBI Search For Missing 2-Year-Old In SE Austin
- UPDATED: Cedar Park Police Searching For Child Missing Since July
- Attorney: Texas Gov. Perry's Booking Will Be Public
- Lawyers For Greg Kelley File Motion For Retrial
- RAW VIDEO: Flooding At Memorial Park in Round Rock
- Appeals Court: Texas Can Use Race In Admissions
- Obama Chides GOP In Austin Speech For Opposing His Agenda
- UPDATE: San Marcos Police Identify Driver In Fiery Crash That Left 2 Dead
- Texas Same Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Texas Women Political Organizer Killed In Car Crash
- APD Releases Dash Cam Video Of East Austin Dog Shooting
- Austin Teen Victim Of 'Smack Cam' Fad
- President Obama Speech During The LBJ Civil Rights Summit
- Indictment Petition For Former APD Officer Delivered To Travis Co. DA
- Obama: Nation Draws Strength From Fort Hood
- Army: Fort Hood Suspect Had Requested Leave
- Travis County Wants Its Property Tax Money
- SXSW Crash: Man Who Shot Video Of The Crash
- SXSW Crash: Witness To Aftermath Of The Crash
- SXSW Crash: 10:30am, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo
- SXSW Crash: 3am, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo
- SXSW Crash: Interviews Minutes After Crash
- Snowden Appears Via Video Conference At SXSW Panel
- Chaotic Moon Taser Moon
- Gov. Rick Perry Speech At CPAC
- Caught On Video: Man Questions Round Rock Police Search
- IRS Commissioner Stops In Austin
- US Sen. Cornyn Wins Republican Nomination In Texas
- Texas Democrats Nominate Wendy Davis For Governor
- Jury Hears Testimony To Put Brandon Daniel To Death
- Daniel Trial: Prosecution Closing Arguments
Texas Woman Finds Lost Dog After Missing Seven Years
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 05:15 PM CDT
A Dallas woman was reunited with her dog this week after years of being separated.
Morgan Littrell said she lost her two-year-old pet Chihuahua, Kanga, after it escaped from their home during a storm seven years ago.
“I took pictures door to door. I put posters everywhere,” said Littrell, “I miss her and I’ve thought about the day I’d get that phone call.”
This past Monday Littrell finally received that call.
Dallas Animal Services Lost and Found coordinator, Tony Villareal, scans lost and stray animals for microchips, hoping to identify them and return them to their owners.
After scanning a microchip on Kanga, Villareal called Morgan Littrell and gave her the phone call she had been waiting on for so long.
“There’s this moment of silence, and all of sudden this burst of tears,” said Villareal of his phone call with Littrell.
“I just lost it,” said Littrell as she arrived to Dallas Animal Services to finally see Kanga again, “It’s emotional, it’s strange, but it’s exciting.”
Dallas Animal Services and Littrell have no clue to where she has been all this time.
Littrell admitted that Kanga seemed a little fatter and older since she had last seen her seven years ago. But also said she seemed happy to finally be headed home.