- Gov. Perry Booked On Abuse Of Power Charges
- Perry Sending National Guard To Texas Border
- Cruz, Abbott: Obama To Blame For Flood Of Minors
- Sen. Wendy Davis Campaigns at Juan in a Million
- Davis Slams Abbott Over Income Disparities In Austin
- UPDATE: Asst. City Manager Placed On Administrative Leave Pending Investigation Into Conference On How To Work With Female Staff
- Hacked On The Highway
- Tech Firm Recruits People On Autism Spectrum
- Abbott Makes Border Security, Ethics Bills 'Emergency Items'
- Austin Marathon Hyvon Ngetich Crawling to Finish
- Questions Raised Over Use Of Force In East Austin SWAT Standoff
- Lt. Gov. Patrick, Gov. Abbott Inauguration Speeches
- Sex Trafficking Victim Shares Her Heartbreaking Story
- Mike Martinez Concession Speech
- Protests Continue Over NYPD, Ferguson Grand Jury Decisions
- Few Fireworks In First Texas Governor's Debate
- VIDEO: Final Texas Gubernatorial Debate- September 30
- Dallas Patient Tests Positive For Ebola, First U.S. Diagnosis
- San Marcos Smoke Shop Employee Shot During Robbery
- Police, FBI Search For Missing 2-Year-Old In SE Austin
- UPDATED: Cedar Park Police Searching For Child Missing Since July
- Attorney: Texas Gov. Perry's Booking Will Be Public
- Lawyers For Greg Kelley File Motion For Retrial
- RAW VIDEO: Flooding At Memorial Park in Round Rock
- Appeals Court: Texas Can Use Race In Admissions
- Obama Chides GOP In Austin Speech For Opposing His Agenda
- UPDATE: San Marcos Police Identify Driver In Fiery Crash That Left 2 Dead
- Texas Same Sex Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- Texas Women Political Organizer Killed In Car Crash
- APD Releases Dash Cam Video Of East Austin Dog Shooting
- Austin Teen Victim Of 'Smack Cam' Fad
- President Obama Speech During The LBJ Civil Rights Summit
- Indictment Petition For Former APD Officer Delivered To Travis Co. DA
- Obama: Nation Draws Strength From Fort Hood
- Army: Fort Hood Suspect Had Requested Leave
- Travis County Wants Its Property Tax Money
- SXSW Crash: Man Who Shot Video Of The Crash
- SXSW Crash: Witness To Aftermath Of The Crash
- SXSW Crash: 10:30am, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo
- SXSW Crash: 3am, Austin Police Chief Art Acevedo
- SXSW Crash: Interviews Minutes After Crash
- Snowden Appears Via Video Conference At SXSW Panel
- Chaotic Moon Taser Moon
- Gov. Rick Perry Speech At CPAC
- Caught On Video: Man Questions Round Rock Police Search
- IRS Commissioner Stops In Austin
- US Sen. Cornyn Wins Republican Nomination In Texas
- Texas Democrats Nominate Wendy Davis For Governor
- Jury Hears Testimony To Put Brandon Daniel To Death
- Daniel Trial: Prosecution Closing Arguments
WWII Vet Returns Home To Crowd Of Supporters
Updated: Tuesday, November 12 2013, 09:48 PM CST
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport was filled with people Tuesday night armed with signs and support for World War II veteran Richard Overton. Overton is considered the oldest living U.S. WWII veteran.
Overton, 107, returned home to the sounds of cheers as he stepped off his plane from Washington D.C.
This Veterans Day Overton had the chance to have lunch with President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden. But Overton remains mum about what he and the president talked about.
Overton received two standing ovations during the Veterans Day ceremony in Washington D.C., and then received quite the welcome home as dozens gathered to see him.
"I'm surprised to see them, I'm proud to see them and there's more yonder, and there might be more in heaven when I go up there," Overton said.
Overton tells us if he's invited he'll be back to celebrate Veterans Day in D.C. next year.