- Obama: UN Must Enforce Ban On Syrian Chemical Weapons
- White House: Russian Prestige On The Line In Syria
- Cornyn Won't Support Syria Military Strike At This Time
- Sen. Cornyn, Several Lawmakers Briefed on Plans for Syria
- Cruz Speaks On Syria, Immigration, Healthcare Reform
- Syria Plan Not Gaining Traction With Central TX Lawmakers
- Obama To Try To Convince Americans On Syria
- Syrian War Protestors Demonstrate At Capitol
- AP Poll: Most Americans Oppose Strike On Syria
- Syrian War Protesters Gather At Capitol
Syrian War Protestors Demonstrate At Capitol
Updated: Tuesday, September 10 2013, 10:20 AM CDT
Demonstrators rallied at the Capitol against United States strikes on Syria.
They held signs and banners to protest the plan being considered in congress right now.
President Obama says it would be a retaliatory attack for the Syrian government's use of chemical weapons against civilians.
But protesters say it would only result in more unnecessary deaths.
Haithem El-Zabri commented, Bombarding Syria isn't for the purpose of saving Syrian lives. Its for the purpose of protecting US strategic interests at the expense of the people in Syria.