- Idling Train In NW Austin Neighborhood A Headache For Residents
- Austin Weather Forecast: TRIPLE DIGITS ARE BACK!
- Round Rock Residents Cook Up Show Of Support For Officers
- Group Using Little Horses To Make A Big Difference
- Blue Whale Entangled In Rope Off California Coast
- Firm Recalls Cucumbers After Salmonella Outbreak
- Police: 11-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Intruder, 16, In Missouri
- A Day In The Life Of An Officer In Today's World
- Major Crash Closes Hwy 21 In Bastrop Co.
- Austin Mom Shields Baby From Alleged Burglar
- Wimberley Savors 1st Home Football Game Since May Floods
- Man Allegedly Tries To Bring 31 LBS Of Pot Through ABIA
- 16-year-old freed from safe at San Antonio high school
- Lawyer For Jailed Kentucky Clerk Says Marriage Licenses Aren't Valid
- Police: 2 People Arrested In Death Of Abilene Police Officer
- Toddler dies of overdose after mother brings her to drug deal
- Alamo vandal accused of carving into wall with key
- Body Found In Lake Austin Near Mansfield Dam Identified
- Troopers Ticketing Fewer Overall, but More Hispanics
- Patrol Cars Light Up At Capitol In Honor Of Slain Deputy
- APD: Pizza Thief Identified By Tomato Sauce On Face
- Worker's Death At East Austin Home Ruled Accidental Electrocution
- UPDATE: 9th grader stabbed by classmate at East View High School in Georgetown
- JV football player seriously injured during game in Round Rock
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing blitz
- Family finds wrong corpse in casket, sues funeral home
- Funeral for slain suburban Houston sheriff's deputy
- Kentucky clerk's husband speaks out about jailed wife Kim Davis
- Law Enforcement Target Dangerous Drivers for Holiday Weekend
- Argument Turns Fatal At Sacramento City College
- UT Kicks Off In South Bend Tomorrow
- 2 Construction Contractors Cited For Downtown Austin Work Site Hazard
- City Government Part Of Austin Affordability Problem
- Former APD Officer Could Face Death Penalty For Girlfriend's Murder
- Central Texans Show Law Enforcement They 'Back The Blue'
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured As Police Search For Gunman Near Sacramento College Campus
- Over 2,000 WilCo Students' Truancy Records Expunged
- Kraft Heinz Expands Kraft Singles Recall
- Alleged playground scammer's case to be handed over to FBI
- TCSO: Robbery Suspect Trying To Steal UT Flag Stabbed By Homeowner
- Some RRISD Buses Overcrowded
- Judge Will Hear Birth Certificate Case Next Month
- Trump signs pledge to back GOP's 2016 presidential nominee
- Store Owner Faces Backlash For Opening Customer's Questionable Mail
- Ex-APD Officer Charged With Capital Murder In Girlfriend's Death, Held Without Bond
- Capital Metro Releases Video Of East Austin Bus Accident
- 4 Arrested In Cedar Park Meth Bust
- Prosecutor Will Seek Death Penalty In SC Church Shootings
- Judge jails Kentucky clerk for refusing marriage licenses
- Man blinds sheriff's helicopter pilot with hair growth laser comb
Blaze Damages East Austin Home
Updated: Friday, May 2 2014, 05:46 PM CDT
A fire ripped through an East Austin home Friday afternoon.
It started at around 3:50 p.m. at 6603 Willamette Drive, a little over a mile south of the intersection of Hwy 183 and Hwy 290.
The Austin Fire Department says heavy fire was showing as emergency crews arrived.
One resident met fire crews outside and told them they were the only one home at the time.
That person was evaluated and taken to the hospital by EMS.
Officials say it took crews less than four minutes to get to the 1500 sq ft house.
The cause and damage estimates have not been released.