Most Shared

Top Stories

Top Stories

 
text size

Elgin House Explosion Seriously Injures Teen

Updated: Monday, June 9 2014, 04:13 PM CDT

A propane leak caused a house to explode in Elgin Sunday morning, severely burning a 17-year-old boy, officials say.

It happened at around 10 a.m. at a home in the 200 block of Carver Street.

According to Mike Fisher with the Bastrop County Emergency Management Office, when crews responded to the fire/explosion they found the home destroyed with "significant damage."

Elgin fire Chief Randy Reyna says the explosion was caused by a propane leak inside the home -- and the blast could be felt over four miles away. 

The victim has been transported from University Medical Center Brackenridge to Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Reyna says.

A fundraiser for the victim has also been set up, according to the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bless-Marcus-Newman-Jr-Elgin-Texas/660553830685187

Elgin House Explosion Seriously Injures Teen


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content