Most Shared

LIVE NEWS

LIVE NEWS

Top Stories

Top Stories

 
text size

Texas Toddler Dies After Scalding Bath

Updated: Saturday, August 2 2014, 08:25 PM CDT
(KTRK) Authorities say a two-year-old Houston girl is dead, after being scalded in a bathtub.

Now investigators say the childcare agency where it happened wasn't licensed.

Officials say a the girl was scalded in the bathtub - her tiny body covered in first and second degree burns.

By the time the girl's mother arrived Friday night, it was too late. 

Neighbors say "you could hear her cry through almost the whole apartment complex.  You could hear the screams."

The State's Childcare Licensing Agency says the small apartment was operating as a 24 hour daycare.

Agency officials say, "This should have been regulated as a childcare provider.  If you're providing care for children that are not related to you, you need to be regulated."

The daycare is now shut down, and now Child Protective Services is also getting involved to make sure that if there are any other children in the home, that they are safe. That includes children that this family may be providing child care, daycare, babysitting for.

No arrests have been made, but the case is still under investigation.
Texas Toddler Dies After Scalding Bath


Advertise with us!

Related Stories

 
Advertise with us!
Sponsored content