- Trump: 'I Swear' My Hair Is Not A Toupee
- Texas Police Say Man 'Obsessed' With Woman, Corpse Missing
- Body Of Woman Taken From San Antonio Funeral Home
- Snakes Infest Houston Home
- Experts warn 'DIY braces' trend can ruin teeth
- Maine Woman Finds Deadly Spider In Grapes
- Florida Mom Caught Using Son To Start Car With Breathalyzer
- Former President George W. Bush Not Chosen For Dallas Jury
- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
Bar Tries To Trademark 'I Can't Remember The Alamo'
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Some might not know this but "The Alamo" is a trademark. Now a bar wants to use those two words, and some believe that could make the Alamo look bad.
According to the US Patent and Trademark Office, the owner of Swig Martini Bar in downtown San Antonio has applied to trademark the phrase "I can't remember the Alamo."
"It's clear on the application the slogan could be used on apparel, mugs and the apparel includes t-shirts and even underwear," Mark Loeffer of the Texas General Land Office says.
Loeffer says the state has already trademarked the two words “The Alamo” and the state is opposing the bar owners request saying it shames the name of the sacred site.
"Regardless of our trademark, we would still file the opposition because it disparages the Alamo anything promoting a bar at the expense of the Alamo is just not acceptable."
Many at the Alamo seem to agree.
"I don't agree with a bar using it or associating it with alcohol. I think it's inappropriate," Jaime Perez said. "I think people shouldn't capitalize on where other people having died."
"Our opposition to this bar slogan is really the first time the state has stood up legally to protect the Alamo," Loeffer says.
The bar owner did not return calls to get his side of the story.