- Man Saves Ribs From CA Apartment Fire
- Trump: 'I Swear' My Hair Is Not A Toupee
- Texas Police Say Man 'Obsessed' With Woman, Corpse Missing
- Body Of Woman Taken From San Antonio Funeral Home
- Snakes Infest Houston Home
- Experts warn 'DIY braces' trend can ruin teeth
- Maine Woman Finds Deadly Spider In Grapes
- Florida Mom Caught Using Son To Start Car With Breathalyzer
- Former President George W. Bush Not Chosen For Dallas Jury
- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
Beard and Mustache Chapionships
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
More than a hundred hairy competitors gathered in Brighton, south-east England, on Saturday (15th September) for the first British Beard and Moustache Championships.
The event was hosted by The Handlebar Club, a UK club for gentlemen with large moustaches, which was set up over 65 years ago in a London theatre.
Competitors were vying for the ultimate bragging rights and a tankard with a moustache on it.
There were different categories for the fuzzy-faced competitors.
Categories of moustache included: Natural, English, Freestyle. Partial Beard categories were Natural Goatee, Musketeer, Freestyle and Sideburns Freestyle.
For full beards, competitors battled it out in the Natural Full, Natural Full with Styled Moustache and Freestyle categories as well as best-made false beard.
The Brighton conference centre, which has hosted many events from political conferences to pop concerts, was packed with more than 2500 cheering fans for this most unusual of spectacles.
Competitors were barred from using extensions or hair pins, although wax and hairspray were allowed in some cases.
The competition entrants appeared to be enjoying every second and many were dressed in ludicrous outfits to match their facial hair.
A tremendous amount of primping and preening goes on behind closed doors before the competition takes place.
As well as awarding prizes to the finest fuzz going, the championships are also to encourage and celebrate standards of excellence in the growth, design and presentation of facial hair.
On the day the blue ribboned category winners were - Richard Evans-Lacey, winner of the Beard Freestyle category and Michael Bates in the Sideburns or "Mutton chops" category.
Italian Fulvio Franchi took top honors in the Handlebar moustache category, whilst another foreign competitor Matt Brown from Australian out-gunned his rivals in the Beard Freestyle moustache category.