- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
- Gorilla Baby Born Through C-section
- Couple Attacked By Cat Say They'll Get It Help
- Wake Up And Smell The Bacon ... With A Bacon App
- North Texas Man Tries To Put Dog On City Council
- Toy Makers Showcase Wares At Toy Fair In New York
- Win A Free Divorce On Valentine's Day
- Shark Bite Victim Stiches Up His Own Wounds
- NC Politician Writes Resignation Letter In Klingon
- Handcuffed Proposal Successful
- West Texas Schlotzky Closes For Attitude Adjustment
Burning Snake Catches 2 Texas Homes On Fire
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
An attempt to burn a snake ended up being much more costly for a Bowie County, Texas family.
The snake, after being lit on fire, cause family structures to go up in flames.
911 operator: "What does it have to do with a snake?"
Caller: "We were trying to kill a snake with fire."
A 911 call from a woman who thought she only had a grass fire but before the call was over.
Caller: "It done caught the house. The house is on fire could you hurry up please."
When emergency crews arrive at the scene, they found two houses burning.
"The homeowner did tell us while cleaning up she saw a snake, threw gasoline on the snake and the snake went into the brush pile," Deputy Randal Baggett, Bowie County Sheriff's Department, said.
The two houses were vacant and the homeowner was in the process of getting one of the structures ready for remodeling. The homes were located in the Liberty-Eylau area near Texarkana.
Liberty-Eylau Fire Chief David Wesslehoft said they are still investigating the fire but says it is not unusual for a burning animal to spread a fire.
"Yes it could happen with rabbits and big field mice," he said. "Once they start burning the grass, they get out of their hole, they have been known to catch on fire and take off."
But the chief says this is a first for him -- a fire allegedly started by a burning snake.