- Man Rolling Under Moving Train Caught On Camera
- Aggressive Cobra Found At Houston High-Rise Apartments
- Drunk driving suspect found naked on barn roof
- Man dismissed from jury duty for wearing prisoner costume
- Police: man baked potato, raked leaves during break-in
- Houston-Area Man Sues After Flooding Displaces Wife's Casket
- Slow Police Chase From Fort Worth To Arlington Ends In Crash
- Dead Hog Tied To Beaumont School's Flagpole
- Medical Marijuana Available For Texas Pets
- Woman Eats 3 Steak Dinners In 20 Minutes
- Colorado Dog Gets Prosthetics For All 4 Legs
- Elephant Hauler Gets Stuck; Pachyderms Keep Truck Upright
- Man Trains Dog To Walk
- Man's Body Found In Fireplace
- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Woman Loses Eyesight From Cat Lick
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
- Gorilla Baby Born Through C-section
- Couple Attacked By Cat Say They'll Get It Help
- Wake Up And Smell The Bacon ... With A Bacon App
- North Texas Man Tries To Put Dog On City Council
- Toy Makers Showcase Wares At Toy Fair In New York
- Win A Free Divorce On Valentine's Day
- Shark Bite Victim Stiches Up His Own Wounds
- NC Politician Writes Resignation Letter In Klingon
Elderly Skydiver Nearly Falls Out of Parachute
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
An 81-year-old woman is the star of a new video that's sweeping the Internet.
She went skydiving for her birthday.But got more excitement than she'd bargained for.
Laverne Everett's skydiving adventure started off with smiles. Things took a dramatic turn after that. When it was time to jump, she looks like she doesn't want to get out of the plane. She told station KOVR that wasn't the case. Her bad knees gave out.
Once Laverne and an instructor did jump, it was clear something went very wrong. The parachute opened and she landed safely. The video has taken off and gone viral.
Kenny Pugh owns a skydiving company in New Jersey. As an outsider he says while it's hard to know exactly what went wrong, it appears from the start that the harness wasn't secured properly. He says this kind of thing happening is rare.
A representative from the company where Laverne did her skydive said the video was over a year old and would only say no one got hurt and the landing was fine.
As for Laverne, she says at the time of the dive she didn't even know exactly what happened because her shirt had covered her face. She's seeking another adventure.
While Laverne may have moved on, the FAA is now looking into the dive and the California company behind it since learning about the video late last week. Separately, the FAA that says that it's already proposed $900,000 in civil penalties against the parachute center for violations unrelated to Laverne Evertt's dive. When asked about those fines, the company said it had no comment.