- Debates Rage Over Color Of Dress Photographed In Rare Light
- Mission To Mars Gets Real For Former Austinite
- Austin Grill Has Valentine's Day Drink, Earrings For $30K
- 'George Jefferson' Haircut A Hit
- 'Professor Dumpster' Wraps Up Year Living Inside East Austin Dumpster
- Texas 4th Grader Suspended Over Lord Of The Rings Reference
- Rattlesnakes Visit Texas Capitol
- After Being Hit By Car Tampa Cat Crawls Back From Grave
- Man Finds Car Part In Arm From Wreck 50 Years Ago
- Santa Firefighter Saves Man From Burning Home
- UT Starts Investigation Into Missing Human Brains
- AP: Charles Manson Gets Marriage License
- Father Of 'Affluenza' Teen Arrested In North Texas
- Professor Dumpster Upgrades To AC
- Caterpillar Stings Sending Central Texans To ER
- Kinky Couple: West Virginia Woman Walks Naked Man On A Leash
- Bear Wanders Around Convenience Store
- Car Slams Into NY Gas Station, Catches Fire
- Man Charged With Stealing Human Skin From Hospital
- Malaysia Says Cadbury Chocolates Free From Pork
- New Broadway Musical Inspired by Rapper Tupac Shakur
- Bear Caught Lounging On Hammock
- Robbery Suspect Friends Victim On Facebook
- Deer Runs Through NC Hospital
- Urban Legend Confirmed, Atari E.T. Games Found In Landfill
- Newlywed Get Selfie With Pope
- Houston Man Pays $5,000 for Return of Missing Cat
- 'Miracle Man' Dies Again
- Gorilla Baby Born Through C-section
- Couple Attacked By Cat Say They'll Get It Help
- Wake Up And Smell The Bacon ... With A Bacon App
- North Texas Man Tries To Put Dog On City Council
- Toy Makers Showcase Wares At Toy Fair In New York
- Win A Free Divorce On Valentine's Day
- Shark Bite Victim Stiches Up His Own Wounds
- NC Politician Writes Resignation Letter In Klingon
- Handcuffed Proposal Successful
- West Texas Schlotzky Closes For Attitude Adjustment
- World's Largest Gingerbread House in Central Texas
- 'Selfie' Is Word Of The Year
- Ax Wielding Woman Stops Thief
- SE Texas Woman Ready To Serve Jail Time For Pet Pig
- Haunted Police Station In Richmond, Texas
- 82-Year-Old Student Voted College Homecoming Queen
- Driveway Halloween Prank Puts Neighbors On Edge
- Neiman Marcus 2013 Christmas Catalog Unveiled
- Tattooed Jesus Billboard Stirs Up Controversy In Lubbock
- Whataburger Celebrates Founder's Birthday With $1 Whataburgers
- North Texas Group Unveils Bigfoot Evidence
- Type Of Beer Indicates Your Chance For A Love Connection
- Super Speedy Bus Boy Amazes Customers
- Men, Lower Incomes Spend More On Lunch
- Sinkhole Vs Pothole In Florida; Pothole Wins
- Father Wears Short Shorts To Send Daughter A Message
- Snake Found In San Antonio Starbucks Toilet
- High School Football Game Ends In Brawl
- Texas Fair Names Winners Of Fried Food Contest
- Texas Maze Honors First Responders
- 8 Fried Finalists Named For Texas Fair Honors
- Texan Gets OK To Wear Pasta Strainer For Driver's License Photo
- Baseball Team Gives Free Funeral As A Prize
- Paralyzed Bride Walks Down The Aisle
- Bees Delay Plane at North Carolina Airport
- Joey Chestnut Wins 7th Hot Dog Eating Contest
- Deadly African Snail Found In Texas
- ACL Line-Up, Gatsby Soundtrack, Water-Skiing Baby: It's Your hot Shot Videos
- Legally-Blind Guy Able to Drive, Funny Voice Over of Walking Dead, and Shadow Dancers: It's Your Hot Shot Videos
- Hiccups On-Air, Crazy Camels, and Cute Puppies: Today's Hot Shot Videos
- Correspondent Dinner, Clucks, & Cats: Latest in Viral Videos
- Top Trending Videos
- Judge Fines Himself After Phone Disrupts Court
- Rattlesnake Found In Backpack At New Braunfels Bus Stop
- Burning Snake Catches 2 Texas Homes On Fire
- Rattlesnake Handler Hospitalized With 12th Snakebite
- Bad 'Fresh Prince' Rap Triggers Pa. Lockdown
- 9 Different Ways We Sit in the Office, All Thanks To Tech
- 104-Year-Old Woman Too Old For Facebook
- SugarDaddie.com Propositioned Sugar Land, Texas
- US Postal Service To Start Clothing Line
- Lemur Attacks Texas Mail Carrier
- Austin Ranks No. 7 In Most Attractive People
- Texas City Now Features See-Through Bathroom In Town Square
- Cat Circus Purr-forms In Austin
- Thief Strikes Seattle Woman Helping At Crash Scene
- Woman Who Drove On Sidewalk Holds 'Idiot' Sign
- New Beauty Treatment Is Literally A Slap In The Face
- Breastfeeding Baby Doll -- Creepy Or Groundbreaking?
- Great Video: Deer Crashes Into Office Building Window
- Police: Costumed Pa. Girl Mistaken For Skunk, Shot
- Dallas-Area Man Charged
- San Antonio Truck Wreck Spills Pinto Beans
- Woman Accused of Running Prostitution Business Out of Zumba Dance Studio
- Florida Roach-Eating Contest Leaves One Dead
- Man Dies Amid Brawl At Wedding In Downtown Philadelphia
- Underwater Crop Circles Discovered
- No Driver Needed for this Car
- Buy a Ring, Get a Rifle
- Indian Man Pulls Train with His Hair
- Nevada Man Leaves Behind $7 Million In Gold Coins
- Beard and Mustache Chapionships
- Stowaway Cat Survives 10 Hour Plane Ride In Suitcase
- City Replaces Texas Mayor Killed In Donkey Attack
- Seven-Year-Old Does Four Thousand Push-Ups
- Implosion Brings Down Fort Worth Building
- Giant Pumpkins on the Grow
- One-Ton Bacon Cheeseburger Sets New World Record
- Outrage Flares Over 'Hitler' Garment Shop
- Tomato Throwing Festival Makes a Mess
- News Chopper Narrowly Avoids Disaster
- American Wins World Air-Guitar Championship
- Man Killed While Trying To Create Bigfoot Sighting
- Central Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband
- Bar Tries To Trademark 'I Can't Remember The Alamo'
- Dare-Devil Woman Crosses the Line
- Toilet Paper Taking on a New 'Roll'
- Inflatable Bike Helmet
- Ala. Man Fights To Keep Wife Buried In Front Yard
- 70 Year Old Skydives 70 Times
- Mechanics Beat the Heat
- Wrong Way on the Highway
- Having a Cow at the Illinois Fair
- Pennsylvania Road Crew Paints Yellow Line Over Dead Raccoon
- Lawn Mower Destruction
- Bear Raids Candy Store
- Moose out for Recess
- Cupcake ATM Dispenses Sweet Dough
- Sea Lion Escapes
- Boy Discovers WWII Bomb
- Angry Vermont Farmer Crushes Police Cars With Tractor
- Suspect In Tiny Smart Car Leads DPS Troopers On Chase
- Amber Alerts For Pets?
- Hasselhoff Still Hot In New England
- Minnesota Officials Bemoan Deer Stand 'Mansions'
- Cat Jumps On TV Reporter While On The Air
- Tropical Storm Debby Creates Dozens Of Sinkholes
- Wedding Party Falls Into a Lake
- Giant Turtles Shelling Out For Divorce
- Texas Woman Uses Paint Ball Gun To Stop Suspect
- High Kick Puts Halt on Robbery
- Shin Kicking as a Sport
- Deer Breaks Through Window
- DUI on a Lawn Mower
- Junk Food Trail Leads Police to Suspected Robbers
- Chinese Bus Driver Gives His Life To Save 24 Passengers
- Houston Waiter Gets $5,000 Tip
- Elderly Skydiver Nearly Falls Out of Parachute
- It's Raining Dogs
- 70 Years to Find Love
- Tornado Crashes Kansas Wedding
- Valedictorian; Multiplied by 25
- 109,000 Calorie Bacon Cheese Burger
- Man Makes Amends for Stealing Plants -- in 1958
- Former Stripper Selling More Than Just Hot Dogs
- Monkeying Around with the iPad
- Idaho Man Accused of Using Gun to Force 'Moonwalk'
- Caught On Camera: Suspected Robber Pulls Risky Stunt During Chase
- 4-foot-long Alligator Removed From Street In Bryan
- Sea Lion Steals Salmon Snack From Fisherman
- 9-Year-Old Kayaking Kid Catches Shark In Texas
- Most Singles Would Give Up High Paying Job For Love
- Alligator Shows Up At Motel, Bites Guest
- Feathers Fly On International Pillow Fight Day
- Pack Of Chihuahuas Rounded Up In Corpus Christi
- Cleaning Museum Owner Sparkles With Pride
- 13-Year-Old Is Hot Stuff
- Man Steals From Judge; Caught Via Facebook
- TX State Researches Vultures
- Doctors Remove Magnets From Child's Intestines
- Toilet Seat Museum Draws Visitors
- Mother Arrested After Iowa Toddler found Drunk
- Rare Abraham Lincoln Campaign Token Found
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Man Granted Permission To Tight Rope Walk Niagara Falls
- Pole Greasers Entertain Mardi Gras Crowd
- Shovel Racers Rocket Down Ski Slope
- Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop arrested in Wis.
- Cell phone stops concert
- Apple halts sale of iPhone 4S amid customer anger
- Out of room, Mass. man gives up 94 hamsters
- Fugitive's suit against Kansas hostages dismissed
- Police: Pa. robbery suspect used infection threat
- Monster emerald could end up in Texas
- Cleveland TV station hosts puppet court
- Ill. man didn't know he'd shot nail into his brain
- Doctors remove 60 pound tumor
- Embarrassing 'SHCOOL' sign replaced in NYC
- Mom gives birth to 13 pound baby
- Sewage Plant Offers Valentine Special
US Postal Service To Start Clothing Line
Updated: Wednesday, February 20 2013, 04:49 PM CST
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The United States Postal Service has been delivering mail in rain, snow and gloom of night for hundreds of years. Now, as the agency struggles to find revenue sources, it's hoping to bring you something to wear.
On Tuesday, the agency announced plans to come out with a line of clothing and accessories, called "Rain Heat & Snow." It licensed its unofficial motto to Cleveland-based fashion apparel company Wahconah Group, Inc., which will design the line of accessories and apparel.
It's a win-win for the cash-strapped Postal Service, which will get "a small percentage of sales," according to Isaac Crawford, CEO of the Wahconah Group. He said the agency won't have to pay a dime to produce the line; his company will finance it.
Rain Heat & Snow will release a line for men by spring 2014, which will be sold in premier department and specialty stores. A line for women is also in the works.
The product line comes at a time when the agency is in dire need of other revenue streams.
Earlier this month, the Postal Service reported a $1.3 billion loss for the three months ended Dec. 31 and announced that most Saturday mail delivery will end this summer.
Over the last year, the agency has also had to cut post office hours, consolidate postal plants and create its own healthcare program for employees in order to stop the bleeding.
Many of its money problems stem from a 2006 congressional mandate that required it to pre-fund healthcare benefits for future retirees. It's been borrowing billions of dollars from taxpayers to make up for the shortfalls.
The Postal Service is, by law, an independent establishment of the executive branch. The agency doesn't normally use tax dollars for operations, but it has exhausted a $15 billion loan from Treasury.
"We're looking at ways we can generate revenue, and we think this clothing line will have market appeal," said Roy Betts, an agency spokesman.
This isn't the first time the Postal Service has made a foray into the fashion world. In the 1980s, the agency sold all sorts of branded goods -- neckties, t-shirts, posters and coffee mugs -- with images of postage stamps on them.
The merchandise, sold in post offices for nearly a decade, was a hit. But Betts said they had to stop selling the goods after lobbyists argued to Congress that the Postal Service's function was just to process mail and sell stamps.
Congressional limitations have held the Postal Service back from developing new sources of revenue many times over the years.
U.S. lawmakers regulate everything from stamp prices to whether the agency can sell gift cards or ship alcohol, which keep the agency from developing new ways to generate cash.
Betts says selling the new merchandise at department stores will hopefully avoid the backlash and stipulations.
Branding experts say the new line could mean a lot of money for the agency.
"Novelty merchandise is big business. Everyday people shell out their hard-earned bucks for something branded that reflects their identity, passions and opinions," said Karen Post, president of the consultancy Brain Tattoo Branding. "[The Postal Service], like many brands...has a big family of supporters that count on it and appreciate its mail carriers."
Both the Postal Service and the Wahconah Group are banking on that.
"You're talking about an American legacy," Wahconah's Crawford said. "We're hoping it will be very successful."
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.