- FEMA Denies Aid To West For Explosion
- West Football Field Center Of Controversy
- West Explosion Victim Thanks Her Lifesavers
- ATF: West Explosion Cause Undetermined
- Crime Not Ruled Out In West Blast: Sources
- Willie Nelson Gives $120K For Explosion Relief
- Texas Firefighters Focused Concern On Toxic Gases
- After West Disaster, Little Discussion On Soil Issues
- West Plant Explosion Cause Announced Today
- Paramedic Who Responded To West Blast Charged
- Email: West EMT Dismissed 2 Days After Blast
- State Criminal Investigation Of West Explosion Begins
- Hours Adjusted For West Disaster Recovery Center
- West Fertilizer Plant Targeted By Thieves In Past
- Lawmakers Want Answers In West Explosion
- West Explosion Takes Center Stage At state Capitol
- Smoke From West Plant To Be Part Of The Investigation
- Hundreds Seek Help After West Plant Explosion
- 100 West Residents Still Waiting To Enter Homes
- Relatives Honor West First Responders In Video
- President Obama To West, Texas: 'You're Not Alone'
- Fathers, Firefighters: Lives Lost In West, Texas
- Marathon Runner Witnesses Boston, Texas Disasters
- Westboro Church Plans To Protest West Funeral
- Students help West survivors
- President Obama Going To Service For West Explosion Victims
- School Underway In Tiny Texas Town Hit By Blast
- 4 More First Responders Killed In West Blast ID'd
- West Residents Back In Homes
- Federal Lawmakers Inspect Scene Of Blast In West
- 12 Dead, 200 Injured In West Explosion
- Search On For Those Missing In West
- West Pulling Together As A Community
- How To Help: West, Texas Emergency Resources
- West Man A Humble Hero
- West's Worse Fear Comes True
- Texas Mobilizes To Help West
- West Residents Face Death, Destruction After Explosion
- Perry: Nightmare Scenario After West Explosion
- Federal Investigators To Probe West Plant Blast Cause
- West Fertilizer Plant Cited For '06 Permit Violation
- Pope Francis Tweets Prayers For Texas Explosion Victims
- Texas National Guard At Site Of West Plant Blast
- West Fertilizer Plant Cited in 2006
- Texas Environmental Agency Monitoring West
- Statement From The President On Explosion In West
- West Explosion Kills Up To 15
- Another Deadly Texas Blast 66 Years Ago
- Willie Nelson Sends Prayer Tweet After West Blast
- Multiple Deaths Reported After Waco-Area Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Some Firefighters Unaccounted For After West Blast
- Police: 5 To 15 People Killed In West Explosion
Federal Lawmakers Inspect Scene Of Blast In West
Updated: Friday, April 19 2013, 02:36 PM CDT
Three federal lawmakers are in West, Texas touring the site of the leveled fertilizer plant. U.S Senator John Cornyn says some 60 people are still unaccounted for, but would not say if they are believed to be dead.
"Right now authorities are going to the hospitals and making sure where people are," said Cornyn.
Senators Cornyn and Ted Cruz visited the blast site just minutes before briefing reporters at a news conference held at noon. Among the charred remains is a volunteer fire truck driven by first responders.
"There was a fire and the fire subsequently, after fire responders got there, caused tanks to explode causing significant damage and loss of life," added Cornyn.
Congressman Roger Williams, whose district includes West, would not elaborate on the death toll -- believed to be around a dozen -- until the search and rescue effort is complete.
"There's a hope it won't go any higher than 12, there's no question about that," said Williams.
The trio remaining tight lipped on the circumstances surrounding the explosion until the investigation is complete.
"I think it would be a mistake to rush to a conclusion before facts and evidence is assembled," said Cruz.
Governor Rick Perry has issued a disaster declaration and is requesting federal aid from the President.
Web Extra: Special West Explosion coverageBy Alex Boyer