- FEMA Denies Aid To West For Explosion
- West Football Field Center Of Controversy
- West Explosion Victim Thanks Her Lifesavers
- ATF: West Explosion Cause Undetermined
- Crime Not Ruled Out In West Blast: Sources
- Willie Nelson Gives $120K For Explosion Relief
- Texas Firefighters Focused Concern On Toxic Gases
- After West Disaster, Little Discussion On Soil Issues
- West Plant Explosion Cause Announced Today
- Paramedic Who Responded To West Blast Charged
- Email: West EMT Dismissed 2 Days After Blast
- State Criminal Investigation Of West Explosion Begins
- Hours Adjusted For West Disaster Recovery Center
- West Fertilizer Plant Targeted By Thieves In Past
- Lawmakers Want Answers In West Explosion
- West Explosion Takes Center Stage At state Capitol
- Smoke From West Plant To Be Part Of The Investigation
- Hundreds Seek Help After West Plant Explosion
- 100 West Residents Still Waiting To Enter Homes
- Relatives Honor West First Responders In Video
- President Obama To West, Texas: 'You're Not Alone'
- Fathers, Firefighters: Lives Lost In West, Texas
- Marathon Runner Witnesses Boston, Texas Disasters
- Westboro Church Plans To Protest West Funeral
- Students help West survivors
- President Obama Going To Service For West Explosion Victims
- School Underway In Tiny Texas Town Hit By Blast
- 4 More First Responders Killed In West Blast ID'd
- West Residents Back In Homes
- Federal Lawmakers Inspect Scene Of Blast In West
- 12 Dead, 200 Injured In West Explosion
- Search On For Those Missing In West
- West Pulling Together As A Community
- How To Help: West, Texas Emergency Resources
- West Man A Humble Hero
- West's Worse Fear Comes True
- Texas Mobilizes To Help West
- West Residents Face Death, Destruction After Explosion
- Perry: Nightmare Scenario After West Explosion
- Federal Investigators To Probe West Plant Blast Cause
- West Fertilizer Plant Cited For '06 Permit Violation
- Pope Francis Tweets Prayers For Texas Explosion Victims
- Texas National Guard At Site Of West Plant Blast
- West Fertilizer Plant Cited in 2006
- Texas Environmental Agency Monitoring West
- Statement From The President On Explosion In West
- West Explosion Kills Up To 15
- Another Deadly Texas Blast 66 Years Ago
- Willie Nelson Sends Prayer Tweet After West Blast
- Multiple Deaths Reported After Waco-Area Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Some Firefighters Unaccounted For After West Blast
- Police: 5 To 15 People Killed In West Explosion
How To Help: West, Texas Emergency Resources
Updated: Thursday, April 18 2013, 09:13 PM CDT
How To Help
The Central Texas Blood and Tissue Center is asking for O Positive and O Negative blood donors. It also has a great need for platelet donors. Info here: inyourhands.org
The Extraco Events Center is set up to take donations. For information call 254-776-1660.
Carter Blood Care Center will accept donations beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday in Waco. Find more locations here.
The Scott & White Blood Donation center is open until 2:30 a.m. Thursday and will reopen at 8 a.m.
First Baptist Church of Lott has room for anyone needing a place to stay. Call (254) 829-2321
American Red Cross crews from across Texas were sent to the site of an explosion at a fertilizer plant near Waco where multiple injuries have been reported. Red Cross spokeswoman Anita Foster said her group is working with emergency management officials in the town of West to find a safe shelter for residents displaced from their homes. To donate blood – find a location near you.
Both Peas & Tots and Smarty Pants consignment stores in Waco are accepting clothing donations in all sizes for those in West.
Axtell High School will be taking any kind of donations at the school Please donate anything! The PALS organization is taking all donations.
Baylor University is accepting donations for West victims.
To check on injured residents admitted to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center call (254) 202-1100
For family inquiries about patients at Scott & White call (888) 394-4947
Family inquiries about patients at Providence Health Center (254) 761-7200
West ISD Superintendent Marty Crawford says classes will not be held Thursday. Crawford said West Intermediate School was destroyed. The high school and the middle school buildings were also damaged and structural integrity will need to be checked. A meeting will be held later Thursday to make plans for housing students for the remainder of the school year.
The Aquilla ISD opened facilities for those seeking refuge. Please report to the gym entrance.
Blair's Cove Apartments in Waco offering housing to any West residents affected by the explosion at 2425 S. 21st St. (254) 447-0810
Latham Springs Baptist Camp is open to displaced residents at 134 Private Road 223 in Aquilla.
The Abbott gym is open to displaced residents.
The Abbott ISD Community Center at 219 South First Street is open to displaced residents
Victory Live Church in Waco at 7459 S IH-35 is open to displaced residents
Valley Mills Nursing Home has rooms available for nursing home residents if placement is needed for any of the West nursing home residents. Call 254-932-6288.
First Baptist Church of Gholson is open for anyone who needs a place to stay.
Gholson ISD open for those seeking shelter.
Brazos Meadows Baptist Church at 625 S. Hewitt Dr., adjacent to Castleman Creek Elementary will be open for anyone who needs a place to stay.
American Legion Post 121 in Elm Mott is open for displaced residents.
Sykora Family Ford in West has opened for residents who need a safe place to rest.
Town Hall Estates in Hillsboro was taking in displaced residents.
Central Texas Urgent Care clinics in Hewitt and Lacy Lakeview will remain open all night to treat those with minor injuries
TSTC Student Recreation Center in Waco is open to take in those displaced by the explosion in West.
Antioch Community Church at 501 North 20th Street in Waco is open to displaced residents.
Alliance Auto Auction between Elm Mott and West on I-35 is open to anyone needing a place to stay.
Penelope School is open for displaced residents at 309 Avenue D.
West VFW is open to displaced residents on South Reagan Street.