- FEMA Denies Aid To West For Explosion
- West Football Field Center Of Controversy
- West Explosion Victim Thanks Her Lifesavers
- ATF: West Explosion Cause Undetermined
- Crime Not Ruled Out In West Blast: Sources
- Willie Nelson Gives $120K For Explosion Relief
- Texas Firefighters Focused Concern On Toxic Gases
- After West Disaster, Little Discussion On Soil Issues
- West Plant Explosion Cause Announced Today
- Paramedic Who Responded To West Blast Charged
- Email: West EMT Dismissed 2 Days After Blast
- State Criminal Investigation Of West Explosion Begins
- Hours Adjusted For West Disaster Recovery Center
- West Fertilizer Plant Targeted By Thieves In Past
- Lawmakers Want Answers In West Explosion
- West Explosion Takes Center Stage At state Capitol
- Smoke From West Plant To Be Part Of The Investigation
- Hundreds Seek Help After West Plant Explosion
- 100 West Residents Still Waiting To Enter Homes
- Relatives Honor West First Responders In Video
- President Obama To West, Texas: 'You're Not Alone'
- Fathers, Firefighters: Lives Lost In West, Texas
- Marathon Runner Witnesses Boston, Texas Disasters
- Westboro Church Plans To Protest West Funeral
- Students help West survivors
- President Obama Going To Service For West Explosion Victims
- School Underway In Tiny Texas Town Hit By Blast
- 4 More First Responders Killed In West Blast ID'd
- West Residents Back In Homes
- Federal Lawmakers Inspect Scene Of Blast In West
- 12 Dead, 200 Injured In West Explosion
- Search On For Those Missing In West
- West Pulling Together As A Community
- How To Help: West, Texas Emergency Resources
- West Man A Humble Hero
- West's Worse Fear Comes True
- Texas Mobilizes To Help West
- West Residents Face Death, Destruction After Explosion
- Perry: Nightmare Scenario After West Explosion
- Federal Investigators To Probe West Plant Blast Cause
- West Fertilizer Plant Cited For '06 Permit Violation
- Pope Francis Tweets Prayers For Texas Explosion Victims
- Texas National Guard At Site Of West Plant Blast
- West Fertilizer Plant Cited in 2006
- Texas Environmental Agency Monitoring West
- Statement From The President On Explosion In West
- West Explosion Kills Up To 15
- Another Deadly Texas Blast 66 Years Ago
- Willie Nelson Sends Prayer Tweet After West Blast
- Multiple Deaths Reported After Waco-Area Fertilizer Plant Explosion
- Some Firefighters Unaccounted For After West Blast
- Police: 5 To 15 People Killed In West Explosion
West Pulling Together As A Community
Updated: Friday, April 19 2013, 09:08 AM CDT
As word got out that almost 200 people were injured in the explosion people from all over the state starting donating their blood. And on the ground we ran into business owners lending a hand to some people they didn't even know.
He spent 22 years in the same house, but Roy Rochester never thought what he read in books would happen in West. "It's what you would imagine an atomic bomb to look like," he says. "It hurts, but to tell you the truth we haven't lost anything compared to some people."
And those people are folks like Brian Sykora. He teared up after telling us his friends that volunteered to fight the fire died. "Everybody knows everybody. We know people who didn't make it, so we are all here for each other," he says.
Thursday Sykora collected donations -- fighting through his pain to ease the misery of others.
Central Texas Roof Systems is also lending a hand, using their own funds to fix homes torn to pieces in the blast. "We are trying to board up houses or whatever we can do to help people out here. We are waiting to get down closer to the site to see what else we can do," said a worker with the company.
And for those needing a hot meal, cold water and just conversation The Red Cross is stepping in.
Rochester is still in shock, but says the community has helped him remember what's important. "It made me realize you just have to live for today," he says.
Web Extra: Special West Explosion coverageBy Christie Post