West Nile Virus
- West Nile Virus Threat For Summer In Texas Unknown
- 2 More West Nile Deaths Confirmed In Travis County
- Texas State Fair Operators Hoping To Keep West Nile Away
- Central Texas Man Can't Walk After West Nile Infection
- Should You be Worried about West Nile?
- North Texan At Least 55th Texas West Nile Death
- El Paso Woman At Least 54th Texas West Nile Death
- Health Officials Expect Fewer Cases Of West Nile After Rains
- Another West Nile Death Reported In North Texas
- CDC: Nation On Track For Deadliest West Nile Year
- 2 More West Nile Deaths Reported In North Texas
- Different Approaches to Handling West Nile Threat in Central Texas
- Special West Nile Broadcast
- Georgetown Spraying Pesticide To Keep Mosquitoes At Bay
- 3rd West Nile Death Confirmed In Travis County
- Questions Remain For Austin West Nile Spraying
- West Nile Found Across Austin
- Advice For Clearing Mosquitoes, Avoiding West Nile Virus
- Mosquito Relief For Central Texas Still Months Away
- Breaking Down West Nile Virus Risk
- El Paso Reports West Nile Death, TX Death Toll Climbs To 44
- West Nile Worriers Crowd ER's
- Worst Year Ever For West Nile In Texas
- Substantial Percentage Of West Nile Cases Being Confirmed by Blood Banks
- 2nd West Nile Death Confirmed In Travis County
- Officials Report 36th Texas West Nile death
- Texas West Nile Cases More Than Double In 2 Weeks
- 2 More Texas West Nile Fever Deaths Reported
- 2 More West Nile Fever Deaths Reported In Texas
- 4 More West Nile Deaths Reported In Texas
- Pesticide Alternatives To Ward Off Mosquitoes
- Researchers Make Progress on West Nile Vaccine
- Dallas Area West Nile Virus Spraying Interrupted
- Williamson County, Like Texas, Having Unusually Bad Year For West Nile
- West Nile Death Confirmed In Williamson County
- Dallas-Area Aerial Spraying For Mosquitoes Starts Thursday Night
- Dallas Signs Up For Aerial Spraying Over West Nile Virus
- West Nile Virus Changing Behaviors
- 17 Cases Of West Nile Virus Reported In Travis County
- How Many West Nile Cases Warrant Mosquito Spraying in Austin?
- 2 Diagnosed With West Nile Virus In Williamson County, 2 in Hays County
- Texas Seeing Bulk Of West Nile Cases
Another West Nile Death Reported In North Texas
Updated: Wednesday, September 12 2012, 07:48 PM CDT
(AP) -- Another North Texan has died of West Nile virus, bringing the North Texas West Nile death toll to at least 27 and the Texas toll to at least 51.
A Tarrant County Public Health statement Wednesday described the victim as a Hurst man in his late 70s with multiple underlying medical conditions. The death is the seventh reported in Tarrant County.
Federal health officials say this is the nation's worst year for the mosquito-borne virus since it was discovered in New York 13 years ago. Texas has about half of the U.S. deaths from the illness.
Several Texas counties have been spraying pesticide to help reduce the mosquito population.