Bluebonnet Medical Rehabilitation Hospital at Texas NeuroRehab Center provides acute medical rehabilitation and long-term acute care services.
Age: 13 years & up Gender: Male & Female
Levels of Care
- Acute Medical Rehabilitation - Long Term Acute Care
Common Diagnoses: Traumatic Brain Injury, Stroke, Anoxia, Brain Tumor, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, Respiratory Failure, Vent/Trach Dependent, Wounds, Diabetes, Amputations, Orthopedic or Severe Physical Disabilities, and other neurological or debilitating diagnoses.
- Comprehensive Evaluation
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapies
- Neuropsychological Services
- Formal Family Education and Training
- Case Management and Discharge Planning
- Bioness Hand and Foot Electrical Stimulation Systems
- Insurance - Medicare - Medicaid (under age 21)
- Workers’ Compensation - Private Pay
Patient & Family Satisfaction
- 92 percent rated quality of care as excellent or good
- 90 percent believed their treatment outcomes were excellent or good
- 95 percent rated therapists as excellent or good
All patients benefit from one of the largest rehabilitation therapy departments in the Austin area. In addition to superior therapy staff, Bluebonnet Medical Rehabilitation Hospital exceeds the industry standard in direct care staffing ratios.
- Serial casting/Splinting
- 1:1 pool therapy
Advanced Technology Rehab Devices
- Bioness Hand and Foot Electrical Stimulation Systems
- Saebo Dynamic Neurological Orthoses - WalkAide System
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT®)
- Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES
- Intensive swallow therapy
- On-site radiographic swallow studies
- NMES and Deep Pharyngeal Neuro Stimulation
- Augmentive communication system assessment
- Cognitive therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Serial casting/Splinting
- Cognitive therapy - 1:1 pool therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Vocational Therapy
- Education on-site accredited school
- Pet Therapy
Bluebonnet Medical Outpatient Program offers specialized outpatient treatment services to individuals recovering from medical complications, brain injury, stroke, and other neurological impairments. The program is caring, small community-based, and provides focused individualized evaluation and treatment sessions to enhance recovery, function, and quality of life.
- Physical Therapy - Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology - Aquatic Therapy
- Vestibular/Balance Therapy - Bioness Hand & Foot Rehabilitation System
- Wound Care - Neuropsychological Assessment (private pay only)
Who Can Benefit?
Anyone age 13 and older that has:
- Neurological disorders; brain injury, stroke, anoxia, ataxia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, or other presenting issues
- Physical, cognitive, or behavior disorders
- Musculoskeletal, sensory, or generalized impairments
- Congenital neurologic disorders
- Visual-motor deficits
- Aphasia/slowed speech
- Dizziness or balance/vestibular disorders
- Other limitations in physical function, sensory deficits, oral/motor skills, or communication skills
- Decline in ability to perform activities of daily living
- Traumatic Orthopedic and Post-op Surgical
- Movement/Locomotion - Vision
- Communication & Voice Disorders - Swallowing
- Cognition - Balance
- Memory - Resources & Equipment Needs
- Environment - Dexterity/Coordination
Most insurance accepted. Individual patient agreement can be negotiated in the event that there is not a pre-existing contract.
Screenings are provided to assess the appropriateness of the Bioness System.
Free screenings will be available on the third Thursday of each month from 9am to 1pm.
Call 855-246-6375 to schedule a screening; you will be communicating directly with Bioness.
There is Hope
Facing alcohol and drug addiction is never easy. Addictive behavior destroys countless lives and harms everyone in its wake.
Despite the situation you may find yourself in today, there is hope. There is hope for those who suffer from alcoholism and/or drug addiction. There is hope for those who know someone in the grasp of addiction.
Texas Star Recovery is here to help with the emotional and physical complexities involved in overcoming addiction. We recognize that every person’s struggle with addiction is unique and tailor our programming based upon those individual needs.
With a certified addictionologist, a team of specialized physicians and staff, Texas Star Recovery helps people overcome addiction by helping them understand their relationship with addiction.
Substance abuse is often indicative of underlying issues which create the desire to self-medicate. Texas Star Recovery treats people for substance abuse and specializes in treating those who suffer from dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorder.
Often, the most difficult part of reclaiming a life from the throes of addiction is asking for help. If you or someone you know needs help, please contact our admission specialists.
Let us help you reclaim your life.
Texas Star Recovery - Inpatient and Intensive Outpatient
Located in Central Texas, Texas Star Recovery is a twenty-eight bed alcohol and drug rehab program for men and women over the age of eighteen suffering from addiction and/or Dual Diagnosis. Inpatient,and an Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) are offered.
Texas Star Recovery recognizes addiction as a disease of the mind, subsequently affecting both body and spirit. To effectively address addiction, all contributing factors are evaluated, diagnosed and treated.
Texas Star Recovery utilizes a twelve-step model accompanied with intensive therapeutic programs to instill the building blocks of living a healthy, sober life.
Under the direct supervision of renown addictionologist and psychiatrist, Dr. William “Bill” Loving, the on-site physicians and staff at Texas Star Recovery have a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise in addressing chemical dependency and other psychiatric disorders that may constitute a dual-diagnosis.
Physicians specializing in internal medicine and chronic pain, twenty-four hour nursing and licensed counselors provide a comfortable transition to recovery.
Vista Recovery - 30 Day Residential Treatment
Vista Recovery is a thirty-day chemical dependency program for adults providing highly individualized treatment in a comfortable healing environment.
Mental, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being all play a crucial role in the course of addiction. The source of substance abuse is often a symptom of an internal conflict or unresolved issue in one of these areas.
Vista explores the source of addiction in relation to mind, body and spirit. By utilizing this bio-psychosocial approach, neglected areas are strengthened by addressing all other contributing issues.
Under direct care of an addictionologist and licensed therapists, each guest receives a treatment plan tailored to their specific needs. To optimize comfort and healing, each guest maintains a private bedroom as they begin their path to living a happy, healthy life.
Vista is accredited by Joint Commission and licensed as a substance abuse facility by Texas Department of State Health Services.
For more information or to begin the admission process, call 512-462-6729.
Residential Neurobehavioral Treatment
Provided for boys and girls, ages 8-17 with IQs that fall between 40 and 90 who may be facing a combination of complex medical, behavioral, social and learning difficulties. Texas NeuroRehab Center provides a unique and effective blend of approaches especially designed for children and adolescents with neurobehavioral challenges. Behavioral interventions are consistently used to improve and promote appropriate behavior. Routine, predictability, and consistency lay the ground work to improve coping skills, activities of daily living and tolerance to transitions.
The Ranch Achievement Program provides intensive psychiatric day treatment for youth ages 8 to 17. The program evaluates and treats psychiatric and behavioral symptoms that are too severe to be managed in outpatient therapy alone, but do not require a 24-hour controlled environment.
The Lariat Assessment Program is a short-term evaluation and residential treatment program that serves children and adolescents ages 8 to 17 with IQs that fall between 40 and 90. The Lariat program provides specific, concrete treatment recommendations and a full spectrum of neurobehavioral evaluations.