- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
Big 12 Media Days Begin
Updated: Tuesday, July 23 2013, 10:21 AM CDT
Even though West Virginia doesn't take the podium until Tuesday, The Mountaineer still came out firing as Big 12 Media Days began in Dallas. Offering postcards and, more importantly, deer jerky, Jon Kimble's role is never overvalued.
While he couldn't actually fire his rifle - we think - Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby wasn't afraid to take some shots at the NCAA.
"We need to reconfigure the leadership of the organization," Bowlsby said. "We haven't wanted to put the threat of secession of the table, and there aren't many who think it's a legitimate threat.
Neither seccession nor realignment are issues, at least, for now. So the talk did actually turn to football. And nothing in the world could top the Charlie Weis recruiting pitch. Absolutely nothing.
"Have you looked at that pile of crap out there?" Weis said when asked how he gets recruits to come to Kansas.
If there is one thing the Jayhawks can boast that no one else would Monday, it's a starting quarterback. Former BYU QB Jake Heaps takes the reigns in Lawrence. None of the other four - not Oklahoma State, not Kansas State, not TCU, not Texas Tech - would name a starter.
Of course you'll quickly forgive Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury for not naming a starter. Last year as offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, he waited until August 15th to name a guy, and Johnny Manziel turned out alright for the Aggies, didn't he?