- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
Bob's Blog: Perspective on the UT Arrests
Updated: Thursday, July 24 2014, 11:00 PM CDT
Multiple people have asked me today what the suspensions of Kendall Sanders and Montrel Meander mean for Texas football this year, and how it will impact the 2014 team.
The only response I can come up with is this - who the hell cares?
If the charges of sexual assault are in fact true, a woman's life is changed forever. And if you haven't read the affadavit in this case, don't. You can't unsee the horrific details.
Charlie Strong was very direct -- and very detailed -- about his five core values for this program. He has them plastered across the UT football facilities for everyone to see with good reason.
Be honest. Treat women with respect. No drugs. No stealing. No guns.
Even at big 12 media days on Tuesday - when Strong knew that police had investigated the case going on four weeks - he said it wasn't a point he really had to hammer away because they are all things players grew up knowing.
A great question was raised to me today - does Strong really need to teach the players - treat women with respect?
The most notable statistic I could find that screamed the answer is yes came from RAINN - the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network. 80 percent of victims are under the age of 30.
So Charlie Strong is wrong on one front -- it is absolutely a point that he needs to hammer home.
Not because two players are charged with a crime today, but because as a team, they can do something about it moving forward.
And isn't that the point? When mistakes are made, make them matter in your life.
If the charges prove true, Sanders and Meander could have the opportunity to transfer to another school and start over.
Their victim never gets that chance. She can't transfer what happened from her memory. She has a long fight ahead to put this behind her.
Charlie Strong said it best. If you don't want to be a part of this football team, break a core value. He's determined to make them great on the field - but he's damn sure going to make sure he does the same off it.