- Friday Night Rivals - Week 0
- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
- Cowboys, Rams End Practice Early After Fights Break Out
- Spieth Short at PGA, but Takes Over Number One
- Spieth Stalks 3rd Major of Year
- In a Class of Their Own
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Feds detail why they want Lance Armstrong's medical records
- Longhorns Leadership: Does QB Demeanor Matter?
- Texas Trifecta: Breakout Players
- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
Cinderella Arrives In Arlington
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Don't blame the team from Florida Gulf Coast University if it marvels a little longer than most at the monstrosity that is the Cowboys Stadium jumbotron. It's a far cry from their own scoreboard, and not just in size.
"I guess it's time to get a new one," said FGCU forward Eric McKnight.
The Eagles are trying to raise money for a new scoreboard after theirs went down earlier this season. It forced officials to keep score manually.
"We had some type of miniature scoreboard on the side to keep up the score," explained McKnight.
With or without a working board, everyone now knows the score. The program that's only been playing basketball for a decade is two wins away from reaching the Final Four in its first ever NCAA tournament.
"Florida Gulf Coast University? Nobody knew who we were or what those letters stood for a year and a half ago," said FGCU head coach Andy Enfield. "Now, with all the improvement they've made, people know who we are and the players are enjoying themselves."
To make the kind of Cinderella run FGCU has pulled off, the team has to be fearless. It is. But there is someone the Eagles are afraid of.
"Coach Enfield when he's mad," joked Eagles guard Bernard Thompson. "I don't think anybody has really seen that yet, but it scares me."
They could've fooled us. On the court, the Eagles are so laid back that an umbrella drink and shades would be better accessories than that glass slipper.
"This isn't an uptight group of guys," said senior forward Eddie Murray. "This is a loose group of guys. We like to have fun, we like to joke around with each other."
In fact, the only Eagle not having a ball Thursday was Coach Enfield's son Marcum.
"I think he was looking straight at that big monitor - the jumbotron," suggested Amanda Enfield, Andy's wife. "I think he was a little out of sorts."
Apparently nobody associated with FGCU could get over the scoreboard.
As the lowest seeded team to ever reach the Sweet 16, Florida Gulf Coast has made it big. Thursday, we all saw just how big.
By Adam Winkler