- The Freshmen Takeover
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 0
- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Soccer Assist Creates Chances for Youth
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
- Cowboys, Rams End Practice Early After Fights Break Out
- Spieth Short at PGA, but Takes Over Number One
- Spieth Stalks 3rd Major of Year
- In a Class of Their Own
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Feds detail why they want Lance Armstrong's medical records
- Longhorns Leadership: Does QB Demeanor Matter?
- Texas Trifecta: Breakout Players
- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
Houston's Reliant Stadium Has Biggest Video Scoreboard
Updated: Wednesday, August 14 2013, 11:22 AM CDT
The crown of the biggest video display in a NFL stadium has passed from one Texas city to another.
The video display at the Cowboys' AT&T Stadium was the NFL's largest until Tuesday when Houston's Reliant Stadium took away the crown from Jerry Jones. In fact, it is the biggest video scoreboard in the world.
There’s a new view at Reliant Stadium that you won’t find anywhere else. Officials from the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock and Rodeo unveiled two new state-of-the-art HD video scoreboards to the thrill of dozens of invited guests.
"Fans are demanding video board displays like this. You see them in stadiums across the country. At this present time, this is the largest in a stadium environment in the world," James Rootes, Texans President, said.
And in this case, the word "large" could be an understatement. The HD video scoreboard display is 14,549 square feet. It is large enough to fit 320 JJ Watts on the screen.
"We're excited about utilizing this in the rodeo as well as the Texans game. I think it will be something they'll be able to interact with and see lots of things we haven't been able to," GM of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Joe Bruce Hancock said.
But one record-breaking video board just wasn't enough. Reliant has two of them on opposite ends of the field. This state-of the-art feature that did not come cheap. It cost close to $16 million of taxpayer money.
"The Super Bowl alone will attract revenue far in excess of that. We're talking about Final Fours. We're talking about all the other events that will come to the stadium where you get the best fan experience," Harris County Judge Ed Emmett said.