- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
- Bright Knights
Houston's Reliant Stadium Has Biggest Video Scoreboard
Updated: Wednesday, August 14 2013, 11:22 AM CDT
The crown of the biggest video display in a NFL stadium has passed from one Texas city to another.
The video display at the Cowboys' AT&T Stadium was the NFL's largest until Tuesday when Houston's Reliant Stadium took away the crown from Jerry Jones. In fact, it is the biggest video scoreboard in the world.
There’s a new view at Reliant Stadium that you won’t find anywhere else. Officials from the Houston Texans and the Houston Livestock and Rodeo unveiled two new state-of-the-art HD video scoreboards to the thrill of dozens of invited guests.
"Fans are demanding video board displays like this. You see them in stadiums across the country. At this present time, this is the largest in a stadium environment in the world," James Rootes, Texans President, said.
And in this case, the word "large" could be an understatement. The HD video scoreboard display is 14,549 square feet. It is large enough to fit 320 JJ Watts on the screen.
"We're excited about utilizing this in the rodeo as well as the Texans game. I think it will be something they'll be able to interact with and see lots of things we haven't been able to," GM of the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Joe Bruce Hancock said.
But one record-breaking video board just wasn't enough. Reliant has two of them on opposite ends of the field. This state-of the-art feature that did not come cheap. It cost close to $16 million of taxpayer money.
"The Super Bowl alone will attract revenue far in excess of that. We're talking about Final Fours. We're talking about all the other events that will come to the stadium where you get the best fan experience," Harris County Judge Ed Emmett said.