- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
Keeping Up With the Joneses: Texas Football Creates New Position
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
If you don't include schools from the Southeastern Conference, Texas is the last team to win college football's national championship. However, if you're talking college football, you absolutely must include schools from the SEC. That's the league that has produced every national champion since 2006.
For his latest hire, Mack Brown tapped into the best conference in the land.
"I think to be the best - and that's where we are headed back to - you have to hire the best," Brown told reporters.
Friday, the Longhorns head coach introduced Patrick Suddes as UT's new Director of Player Personnel. Suddes is a University of Alabama alumnus and spent the last six seasons with the Crimson Tide, where he served as Nick Saban's Director of Football Operations.
Texas created a brand new position for Suddes. The 30 year old's primary responsibility will be to make UT's recruiting process more efficient. He will serve as the point person on all of the Longhorns' recruiting efforts, as well as coordinate the Texas Football camps and High School Coaches Clinic.
"They have got everything in place here," said Suddes. "It's just about creating a system, a structure that it's a machine. Coach Brown was saying the other day. They were the best and they didn't feel like they needed to change, but day-in and day-out, recruiting has changed."
"If we are not doing something right, I can admit that to myself and my staff," said Brown. "To move forward, that's what you do."
Brown said the hires are not complete. Texas plans to bring-in someone to assist Suddes with video and social media.