- Friday Night Rivals - Week 5
- Bush Says NFL's Washington Redskins Name Not Offensive
- Referee hit by high school football players speaks out, denies using racial slurs
- Court says NCAA violates antitrust laws but strikes down possible payments to college athletes
- Texas Torment: Another Late-Game Longhorns Loss
- Late Rally Dooms Southwestern
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 4
- Regents Clear Fenves To Cut Patterson Exit Deal
- Laywer: John Jay assistant coach Mack Breed resigns after referee tackling incident
- Disciplinary Hearings Held For HS Football Players Who Blindsided Referee
- Giving and Receiving: Micah Sherman's Journey
- Yankees Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra dies at 90
- Fort Worth Girl Joins HS Varsity Football Team
- Cowboys' Romo likely to sit 2 months with broken collarbone
- Missed Extra Point Costs Texas vs Cal
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 3
- John Jay football players say coach told them to strike referee
- Mike Perrin Takes Over as Interim UT AD
- Houston Attorney Appointed As Interim UT Men's Athletics Director
- UT Super Fan Weighs In On Patterson's Departure
- Mixed Reactions From UT Students On Fired Athletic Director
- AP source says Texas athletic director Steve Patterson fired
- 2nd Ref Shoved, HS Coach Pushes Teaching Respect
- Central Texas Football Player Suspended After Shoving Referee
- Cowboys Worth $4 Billion To Top List Of All NFL Teams
- Texas Holds Off Rice 42-28
- Players Accused Of Striking Referee Moved To Another School
- $485M Kyle Field Renovation Unveiled
- Questions on Football Program Culture Arise in UIL Hearing
- No UIL decision in John Jay football incident
- Strong Shakes Up Offensive Staff
- UT Expert Stresses Athlete Character Training after Ref Attacked
- UT Report Trumpets Economic Value Of Sports Programs
- Attorney: Referee Did Not Use Racial Slur
- Former John Jay football players weigh in on referee controversy
- UPDATE: Marble Falls PD Investigating Football Incident
- Texas school district investigates after players hit referee
- Notre Dame Dominates Texas, 38-3
- Allen Leads Aggies Over Arizona State
- The Wimberley Way
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate'
- The Freshmen Takeover
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 0
- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Soccer Assist Creates Chances for Youth
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
Monday UT News & Notes
Updated: Monday, August 26 2013, 11:03 PM CDT
Texas Takeaways from Monday's media session prior to UT's home opener against New Mexico State.
- The Horns want freshman QB Tyrone Swoopes to play this year, but a lingering hamstring injury is giving them pause. They will monitor him throughout the week.
- Freshman WR Jacorey Warrick is the only one of the four incoming freshmen wideouts that Mack Brown guaranteed would play Saturday.
- Texas mammoth OL Desmond Harrison should play Saturday. How much is to be determined.
- The 2013 team motto is "For the man on my right and the man on my left". Deep snapper Nate Boyer, a Green Beret in the Army, came up with the idea.
- The 3 M's explained their biggest concerns heading into the first week.
o Mack: Health of the wide receivers
o Major: Guys putting too much pressure on themselves
o Manny: Don't know what to expect from NMSU offense (new coach, new staff)
- Major Applewhite will coach the offense from the sidelines. Darrell Wyatt will stay in the booth upstairs.
- In the Horns final scrimmage of the spring, the offense ran 27 plays in the first quarter. Quick math – that's a pace of 108 for the game. The offensive line will rotate 8-9 guys. Mack compared the O-Line to the Secondary – rotation is key.
- The Beyonce picture wearing a # 14 jersey got a lot of love. Said Ash: "I was confused. That's cool, but I doubt she knows who I am." Says CB Adrian Phillips told him to say he liked One Plus One the best, but Ash claims he's a fan of Halo.
- Speaking of Phillips, he likes the maturity of the defense. Said they have to find a way to "not have a panic attack" when they see a formation they haven't seen.
- LB Jordan Hicks says over the last 8 months the Horns have preached doing, not saying.