- Friday Night Rivals - Week 5
- Bush Says NFL's Washington Redskins Name Not Offensive
- Referee hit by high school football players speaks out, denies using racial slurs
- Court says NCAA violates antitrust laws but strikes down possible payments to college athletes
- Texas Torment: Another Late-Game Longhorns Loss
- Late Rally Dooms Southwestern
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 4
- Regents Clear Fenves To Cut Patterson Exit Deal
- Laywer: John Jay assistant coach Mack Breed resigns after referee tackling incident
- Disciplinary Hearings Held For HS Football Players Who Blindsided Referee
- Giving and Receiving: Micah Sherman's Journey
- Yankees Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra dies at 90
- Fort Worth Girl Joins HS Varsity Football Team
- Cowboys' Romo likely to sit 2 months with broken collarbone
- Missed Extra Point Costs Texas vs Cal
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 3
- John Jay football players say coach told them to strike referee
- Mike Perrin Takes Over as Interim UT AD
- Houston Attorney Appointed As Interim UT Men's Athletics Director
- UT Super Fan Weighs In On Patterson's Departure
- Mixed Reactions From UT Students On Fired Athletic Director
- AP source says Texas athletic director Steve Patterson fired
- 2nd Ref Shoved, HS Coach Pushes Teaching Respect
- Central Texas Football Player Suspended After Shoving Referee
- Cowboys Worth $4 Billion To Top List Of All NFL Teams
- Texas Holds Off Rice 42-28
- Players Accused Of Striking Referee Moved To Another School
- $485M Kyle Field Renovation Unveiled
- Questions on Football Program Culture Arise in UIL Hearing
- No UIL decision in John Jay football incident
- Strong Shakes Up Offensive Staff
- UT Expert Stresses Athlete Character Training after Ref Attacked
- UT Report Trumpets Economic Value Of Sports Programs
- Attorney: Referee Did Not Use Racial Slur
- Former John Jay football players weigh in on referee controversy
- UPDATE: Marble Falls PD Investigating Football Incident
- Texas school district investigates after players hit referee
- Notre Dame Dominates Texas, 38-3
- Allen Leads Aggies Over Arizona State
- The Wimberley Way
- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate'
- The Freshmen Takeover
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 0
- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Soccer Assist Creates Chances for Youth
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
No-Hitter Propels Texas to Sweep
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Parker French, Travis Duke and Corey Knebel combined to throw a no-hitter for the Longhorns.
Texas improved to 26-22 on the season with the sweep while Texas Southern fell to 20-27.
French threw three innings in the designated start in the first game of the double dip while Duke threw two scoreless, followed by Knebel who struck out four batters in two innings for his ninth save of the season. Ty Marlow recorded two RBI for the Longhorns to provide the offense as UT hammered out 11 hits.
In the second game, scheduled for the full nine innings, the Longhorns used a 15-hit attack for the shutout. Texas scored seven runs in the second inning, the most the Longhorns have scored in an inning this season. Brooks Marlow, Mark Payton and Jeremy Montalbano had two RBI each in the second game.
Payton recorded a triple in both games. With eight triples this season, he is now tied for fourth on UT’s single-season list with five other players while his 14 career triples put him in a tie for sixth place on the all-time list with Calvin Murray (1990-92), Brian Cisarik (1984-88) and Spike Owen (1980-82).
Texas concludes the 2013 regular season on Thursday with the start of a Big 12 series at TCU. Both games will be televised on Longhorn Network with radio on AM 1300 The Zone. Gametracker live stats will be available on TexasSports.com with live Twitter updates @Texas_Baseball.
Notes: While Texas does not keep track of combined no-hitters, the last single no-hitter came on March 1, 2009, when Brandon Workman threw the no-no in a 9-0 win against Penn State…Mark Payton has reached base safely in 37 straight games…Brooks Marlow now has an eight-game hitting streak…the Longhorns’ 15 hits in the second game was one away from the season high…senior catcher Patrick Marsh recorded an infield single in his first career at-bat.