- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
- Bright Knights
No-Hitter Propels Texas to Sweep
Updated: Saturday, August 3 2013, 09:47 PM CDT
Parker French, Travis Duke and Corey Knebel combined to throw a no-hitter for the Longhorns.
Texas improved to 26-22 on the season with the sweep while Texas Southern fell to 20-27.
French threw three innings in the designated start in the first game of the double dip while Duke threw two scoreless, followed by Knebel who struck out four batters in two innings for his ninth save of the season. Ty Marlow recorded two RBI for the Longhorns to provide the offense as UT hammered out 11 hits.
In the second game, scheduled for the full nine innings, the Longhorns used a 15-hit attack for the shutout. Texas scored seven runs in the second inning, the most the Longhorns have scored in an inning this season. Brooks Marlow, Mark Payton and Jeremy Montalbano had two RBI each in the second game.
Payton recorded a triple in both games. With eight triples this season, he is now tied for fourth on UT’s single-season list with five other players while his 14 career triples put him in a tie for sixth place on the all-time list with Calvin Murray (1990-92), Brian Cisarik (1984-88) and Spike Owen (1980-82).
Texas concludes the 2013 regular season on Thursday with the start of a Big 12 series at TCU. Both games will be televised on Longhorn Network with radio on AM 1300 The Zone. Gametracker live stats will be available on TexasSports.com with live Twitter updates @Texas_Baseball.
Notes: While Texas does not keep track of combined no-hitters, the last single no-hitter came on March 1, 2009, when Brandon Workman threw the no-no in a 9-0 win against Penn State…Mark Payton has reached base safely in 37 straight games…Brooks Marlow now has an eight-game hitting streak…the Longhorns’ 15 hits in the second game was one away from the season high…senior catcher Patrick Marsh recorded an infield single in his first career at-bat.