- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
Texas Baseball Finishes Historically Brutal Season
Updated: Saturday, May 18 2013, 10:12 PM CDT
Junior right-hander Nathan Thornhill scattered six hits in a complete-game shutout Sunday as the Texas Longhorns shut out the TCU Horned Frogs, 3-0, in the Big 12 series finale. Texas finishes the 2013 season with a 27-24 overall record and 7-17 mark in Big 12 play.
It was Thornhill’s third complete game of the season as he allowed just one walk while striking out five. He would finish the game by retiring 13 of the last 14 batters he faced, retiring the side in order in the sixth, eighth and ninth innings.
Freshman shortstop C.J Hinojosa went 3-for-4 with two RBI while Brooks Marlow scored twice in the leadoff spot with a 2-for-4 game and two doubles.
Marlow would lead off the first and third innings with a double, scoring on Hinojosa’s single both times. Jacob Felts added an RBI single in the first as the Horns averted the series sweep.
Junior right fielder Mark Payton was not in the lineup today after spraining his wrist in last night’s game while making a catch. Payton had made 134 consecutive starts for the Longhorns, dating back to the 2011 season.
Notes: Mark Payton finished the season as the Longhorns’ leading hitter with a .393 batting average…Payton also led the team in doubles (11) and triples (eight)…Payton and C.J Hinojosa tied as the leader in RBI (29)…Weston Hall and Taylor Stell finished tied for the team lead in stolen bases (11)…Dillon Peters led all UT pitchers in wins (six) and had the lowest ERA (1.97) among starters…Nathan Thornhill led the team with 60 strikeouts…Corey Knebel finished the season with nine saves…the Longhorns finished with a .974 fielding percentage and committed only one error in the final five games of the season…this is the fourth time in the past five years that the Texas pitching staff has recorded a staff ERA below 3.00 as UT pitchers had a 2.53 ERA this season.