- Judge lets Brady play, ruling against NFL in 'Deflategate'
- The Freshmen Takeover
- Friday Night Rivals - Week 0
- Friday Night Rivals: Get all the scores here!
- Katrina 10: Javan's Storm Story
- Soccer Assist Creates Chances for Youth
- Cowboys Drop Preseason Game to 49ers
- Few QB Highlights in Texans Loss to Denver
- Baylor Player Sentenced To 6 Months Of Jail For Sex Assault
- Texas State 'Well Equipped" for Florida State
- Cowboys, Rams End Practice Early After Fights Break Out
- Spieth Short at PGA, but Takes Over Number One
- Spieth Stalks 3rd Major of Year
- In a Class of Their Own
- Court sketches of Tom Brady cause social media flurry
- Feds detail why they want Lance Armstrong's medical records
- Longhorns Leadership: Does QB Demeanor Matter?
- Texas Trifecta: Breakout Players
- Omar Uresti Gets Another Major Shot
- Wimberley's Recovery With a Nice Ring
- The Fate of TCU's 2015 Season
- WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper dies at 61
- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
Texas Introduces Coach Charlie Strong
Updated: Monday, January 6 2014, 06:43 PM CST
The University of Texas' new head coach Charlie Strong received a warm Texas welcome on a cold Monday afternoon in Austin.
Traditionally, Strong breaks the mold. He becomes the first African-American head coach of any men's sport in Texas history.
"I don't ever want to look at is as I'm a first," Strong said. "I want to look at it as I'm a coach and that's the way I wanted to be treated."
President Bill Powers said out of all the candidates who were considered, Strong was his first choice to take over the program.
"We got the right person," Powers said. "Character, toughness, and everything you look for in a coach. It is a very historic day."
It was historic because the numbers do not lie. Out of the 125 Division I football coaches, 12 are African-American.
"What you need to think about is all the African-American coaches that you are representing right now who did not get the chance that you're getting and that's all that needed to be said," Strong said.
In the end, it is not race that makes or breaks coaches; instead it is wins and losses.
"It's all about championships at the end," Strong said.
In only four years as head coach, Strong has proven himself worthy of running a major college football program. He transformed Louisville into the powerhouse that it is today, and he said while he is at UT he plans to build on the premier program that Mack Brown is leaving behind.
"I want our players to understand this; you're here to get a degree. When you get a degree you will always have options in life," Strong said. "Number two; let's go win football games lets go win championships. Number three; I want to make sure [players] leave here a better person when they came into this university."