- Tom Brady's suspension upheld by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell
- 2015 Big 12 Wooly Bully
- Astros move up Taylor Swift concert for possible playoff run
- No Spieth Slam: Jordan Comes Up Short at Open
- Steve Patterson: Keep the Change?
- Longhorn Taylor Funk Wins 109th Southern Amateur
- Steve Patterson Under Pressure
- Mason Crosby "Kicks It" Back at Home
- Oh, Deere! Spieth Wins Another John Deere Classic
- That's a Rap: Texas Exes Dish on Daje
- Spieth Shoots Career Best 61 to Lead John Deere
- Winners Crowned at UA/Jordan Spieth Championship
- Jordan Spieth Wins U.S. Open
- Longhorns Lend a Hand in Wimberly
- Spieth Stands 18 Holes from U.S. Open Title
- UT Austin announces independent review of basketball academics
- Diamond Departures for Longhorns
- World Cup Company at UT
- Massive Surf Park Coming To Austin In 2016
- Texas Season Ends with 8-1 Loss to DBU
- Oregon State's Eckert Has Texas Ties
- Texas Wins Big 12 Baseball Title
- Texas to Play for Big 12 Baseball Title
- A Dom-inant Lacrosse Presence
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part II
- Shaka Smart 1 on 1: Part 1
- Josh Hamilton Returns to Round Rock
- Pfast Pflugerville Pfamily
- NFL Finds Patriots Employees Probably Deflated Balls
- Cowboys Catch Free-Falling Gregory
- Malcom Brown Drafted by Patriots
- Texas Swept by TCU
- Isaiah Taylor to Return for Junior Season at Texas
- Austin in Play for MLS Expansion
- Express Host 5th Annual Bark in the Park
- Spring Separation? Swoopes Still Longhorns Starter
- ESPN Reporter Suspended Over Rant Caught On Video
- Coaching Connection: Shyatt Has History with Barnes and Shaka
- Hail Mary Highlights Texas State Spring Game
- Buyouts For Shaka Smart, Rick Barnes Add Up For UT
- Texas Hires Shaka Smart
- Rick Barnes Era Ends at Texas
- Boyer, Harris Turn Heads Again
- Texas is One and Done at NCAA Tournament
- March On: Texas Selected for NCAA Tournament
- Texas Wins on Walk-Off to Start Big 12 Play
- Andy Roddick Foundation Welcomes Tony Dungy
- Buzzer Beater Bounces Longhorns
- Texas House Panel Mulls Open, Campus Carry Proposals
- Bright Knights
UT, A&M to Meet in Houston
Updated: Monday, May 26 2014, 10:15 PM CDT
The Texas baseball team discovered its postseason destination as the NCAA unveiled its 64-team tournament field Monday morning on ESPNU.
The Longhorns were awarded a No. 2 seed and will play in the Houston Regional hosted by Rice, where the Owls are the No. 1 seed. No. 3 seed Texas A&M and No. 4 seed George Mason are also in the regional.
Texas (38-18) will open play Friday against the Aggies (33-24) at 3 p.m. CT in a game that will be televised on ESPNU.
Fans interested in purchasing tickets should go through the Rice athletics department as tickets will not be available through the Texas athletics department. Click here for ticket information or call (713) 522-OWLS.
The Longhorns are making their 56th appearance in an NCAA Regional, most by any school in Division I. Texas is making its 14th appearance in the NCAA Tournament under head coach Augie Garrido, having advanced to eight Super Regionals and to the College World Series seven times (2000, 2002-05, 2009, 2011).
Though the Longhorns and Aggies have met 368 times in history, with Texas holding a 240-123-5 advantage, this will be the first time the teams have met in NCAA Championship play. Texas is 222-54-2 all-time against Rice, including 1-1 in NCAA Regional play (7-4 loss in Houston in 2008; 4-1 win in Austin in 2010). Texas has never played George Mason.
The winner of the Houston Regional will go on to face the winner of the Baton Rouge Regional in a Super Regional. LSU, Houston, Bryant and Southeastern Louisiana are the four teams in the Baton Rouge Region.
Houston Regional hosted by Rice
Game 1 - #2 Texas (38-18) vs. #3 Texas A&M (33-24), 3 p.m. CT, ESPNU
Game 2 - #1 Rice (41-18) vs. #4 George Mason (34-20), 7 p.m. CT, ESPN3
Game 3 - Loser Game 1 vs. Loser Game 2, 3 p.m.
Game 4 - Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2, 7 p.m.
Game 5 - Loser Game 4 vs. Winner Game 3, 3 p.m.
Game 6 - Winner Game 4 vs. Winner Game 5, 7 p.m.
Game 7 - Rematch of Game 6 (If necessary), 6 p.m.